Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Default What class is most needed?

As soon as I build my new gaming PC, and actually have a windows os, I'm going to start playing project 1999. I was just curious to which of these classes is most needed? Warrior, Necro, Shammy, or Rogue? Would post a poll, but this is my first post and not sure how to.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Monk. This server is in dire need of monks.

But seriously, play what you want. If that still doesn't help you decide, tanks are in short supply.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Kobold

My main back in the day was a monk. I could relive the glory days.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

Play what you want.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

War or Rogue I'd say. Though I'd lean toward rogue as you still gain by having 2 or 3 of them in a group. War is especially hard if you aren't going to be starting out with pretty decent gear - you simply will not get aggro ever.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
War or Rogue I'd say. Though I'd lean toward rogue as you still gain by having 2 or 3 of them in a group. War is especially hard if you aren't going to be starting out with pretty decent gear - you simply will not get aggro ever.
It's important to start out using 2 handers to boost your dps. You won't have dual wield until level 13. If you do use 1 handers until 13, make sure you use a shield to bash every chance you get. I still think 2 handers are better, at first. The shield combo works good for casters to interrupt them. But anyway, it's possible to keep aggro if your dpsers are not twinks and/or they give you a few moments to grind the mob before having dps orgasms on it. Additionally, if you go into berserker mode your aggro will increase because of crippling blows and low hp aggro. Make sure your agi is higher 75 so ac doesn't fall like a rock when you're low hp.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 06-08-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Needed? So you mean for like grouping? I'd go for warrior (from your list) and find yourself some cleric friends (would be my choice from "needed") in like a guild. Hybrids are not "needed" (nor unwanted), apart from added dps which doesn't matter so much which ones doing the DPS imo. Needed would be Cleric, Warrior or enchanter as this is classic EQ. You play what you want as do I (drui/ranger).

Windows os? Didn't it run on Linux? Should run under wine or whatever. Doesn't need a new computer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My old 1ghz would run this fine.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-08-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Closed Thread