Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably an earth staff tbh
If you want to see how sad people really are, Google it. FYI a few are right on the line of real crimes since I'm guessing most are scams.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

RMT is legal and fully endorsed in almost every MMORPG there is, its funny how its still so taboo here. You can literally RMT Kronos on EQ Live, Tokens on World of Warcraft, Bonds on Runescape, you name it. But here, if you RMT its like you shot a damn puppy.

I don't care if people RMT. Good for you for cashing out on a god damned video game.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

I remember back on EQ Live I won Torpor off Emperor in Old Sebilis. I sold it for 65k platinum back when 10k = $200. Winning torpor in Kunark era literally meant a you just won 4 figures lol. Good times.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RMT is legal and fully endorsed in almost every MMORPG there is, its funny how its still so taboo here. You can literally RMT Kronos on EQ Live, Tokens on World of Warcraft, Bonds on Runescape, you name it. But here, if you RMT its like you shot a damn puppy.

I don't care if people RMT. Good for you for cashing out on a god damned video game.
I think its because Daybreak will shut it down since its not their thing? Idk. Thats at least how I understood it /shrug

<Gravity>
Old 05-01-2020, 05:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's because you have no standards.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its because Daybreak will shut it down since its not their thing? Idk. Thats at least how I understood it /shrug
I may have the history wrong here but I believe P99 was under some pressure from Daybreak in terms of copyright but they struck a deal to allow P99 to go on without any hassle as long as P99 didn't make any money off of it. P99 policing RMT is probably the best way to prove that they aren't skimming. There have been some high level scandals involving past GMs that are a tough look, hence why they are so hard on RMTing.

Although I think they were hard on RMT even before the Daybreak deal.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Further evidence that Aftermath endorses cheating.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Further evidence that Aftermath endorses cheating.
Aftermath doesn’t exist, welcome to 2020.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

SoE didn't start to crack down on EBay item and account sales until sometime in Kunark. Some people made some money, sure, but I think if you look at total time invested it may just tell a sadder story.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aftermath doesn’t exist, welcome to 2020.
Sorry, Guild652. I know that it upsets you when we use the wrong name. Maybe you could instruct more people on how to alter their files to cheat?
Closed Thread