Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 07-20-2023, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol 1 month of casual play

hahahahahahahaa

no
2? 3? People play this game for years. You should advise people on things that will benefit them long term.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:12 PM
Skeleton

This is great. Over 200 posts and I still can't get passed the character creation screen lol
Old 07-20-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Any race. +5 str +25 sta. Human / Dark Elf / Gnome have a relatively hard to get robe option other races don't have access to if you join a raid guild.
I don't think masks should factor into your decision. Pick something you like the look of. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any race. +5 str +25 sta. Human / Dark Elf / Gnome have a relatively hard to get robe option other races don't have access to if you join a raid guild.
I don't think masks should factor into your decision. Pick something you like the look of. Hope this helps.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEH84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great. Over 200 posts and I still can't get passed the character creation screen lol
I am sorry your thread got trolled by the usual suspects. Hopefully they will learn one day that simply posting insults over and over is not a method of discussion.

+5 STR and +25 STA is the way to go.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

To answer your other questions..

Yes, get an inexpensive haste item. It won't be super long before you have your epic. Seb dirk is my favorite leveling dagger. They're cheap and high damage. Good offhand after epic as well.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a great point, in Kunark. STA is the right choice for a character you're taking to 60. In the dirt gear I linked above, the character will overcap STR with a shaman in about a month of casual play.
POISON 72
MAGIC 49
DISEASE 18
FIRE 34
COLD 54

NGMI with these resists.

STA is literally only useful to a Rogue in the few edge cases where you survive a fight with <100 HP, and such encounters are vanishingly few in number. For the vast, overwhelming majority of your playtime on a Rogue, you have no need of those extra hit points. In contrast, you are benefiting from STR literally every time you play the character, from 1-60 and beyond. This is most evident pre-Velious, but even if you cap STR unbuffed in Velious with high end raid gear... who cares? That just means you can prioritize more HP and resist pieces of gear. The extra 100 HP from STA is still basically never going to make a difference. It's just Magelo e-peen points, as was said.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The extra 100 HP from STA is still basically never going to make a difference. It's just Magelo e-peen points, as was said.
Please provide evidence other than simply saying this is true.

Unlike yourself, Cecily and myself can provide the numbers for how easy it is to cap STR.

You need to show the data you are referring to that shows 100 HP is a smaller impact than 25 STR. I can prove that the 25 STR won't give you any benefit when you are capped on STR.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

HP is one of the few things you can improve on in the end game. 25 STA is 100 hp. It helps.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
POISON 72
MAGIC 49
DISEASE 18
FIRE 34
COLD 54

NGMI with these resists.

STA is literally only useful to a Rogue in the few edge cases where you survive a fight with <100 HP, and such encounters are vanishingly few in number. For the vast, overwhelming majority of your playtime on a Rogue, you have no need of those extra hit points. In contrast, you are benefiting from STR literally every time you play the character, from 1-60 and beyond. This is most evident pre-Velious, but even if you cap STR unbuffed in Velious with high end raid gear... who cares? That just means you can prioritize more HP and resist pieces of gear. The extra 100 HP from STA is still basically never going to make a difference. It's just Magelo e-peen points, as was said.
Your character will be at STR cap for the majority of the time you level 45 - 60. Your character will be at STR cap 100% of the time you raid. Regardless of allocating STR at creation or not. You're advising someone to do something that will help them 1 - 45. That's stupid. Please stop posting rogue advice until you have some.
Last edited by Cecily; 07-20-2023 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can prove that the 25 STR won't give you any benefit when you are capped on STR.
No shit. The point is:

1) You won't be STR capped unbuffed until late Velious.

2) Even if you can reach the STR cap (buffed or unbuffed), this simply allows you the freedom to gear more for resists or direct +HP instead.

3) Rogues do not get CHed, do not tank, and rely primarily on wort pots and resist gear to stay alive on raids. 100 additional HP is almost entirely useless.

Quote:
HP is one of the few things you can improve on in the end game. 25 STA is 100 hp. It helps.
Let's be honest, though. If you're at the point you are raiding exclusively to improve your Rogue's HP with high end Velious pieces, you should probably be gearing another character.