Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-13-2024, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Staff should implement a new punishment for bad behavior on blue or green:

Transfer to Red with no warnings
Old 05-13-2024, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvanatta01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just doing my democratic duty and adding my voice to this. Love P99 and appreciate all the devs. It's also irresponsible to your product and disrespectful to your clients to completely disregard all of the requests for communication about this topic EVEN if that communication is "we can't communicate anything about this right now". Indie developers should know this better than anyone.
Devs only need to engage their playerbase if they need to make money from the product, or if player input matters to development.

Neither of these things are true unless you found a verified and proven bug or game correction, then you'll get a, fixed, pending update" message and nothing else
Old 05-14-2024, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

Just delevel every toon to level 1 on all servers.

Then do it again randomly in like 1-3 months, and again. So casuals finally leave for quarm and takp and we can have competitive blue.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

every topic these days is when's refresh or a dsm-hijack
Old 05-23-2024, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devs only need to engage their playerbase if they need to make money from the product, or if player input matters to development.
Lol. I mean, most reasonable people probably understand that the devs aren't *obligated* to communicate and could literally do anything they wanted with the project. That doesn't change the fact that most people who've dedicated a lot of time and effort would very much appreciate some kind of heads-up after years of radio silence. I don't really think it's unreasonable to ask for (not demand) an update.

If they're burnt out and want to shut the servers down forever / leave them as-is until almost everyone stops playing, that's fine. If there's something else going on and a merge / refresh is still in the cards, that'd be nice to know, too. It's just a bummer when you peek in every ~6 months only to discover that there haven't been any updates whatsoever.

It's hard to watch something you've gotten so much enjoyment out of over the years just slowly wither.
Last edited by Ransurian; 05-23-2024 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-23-2024, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah they should say something.

The entire playerbase agrees

Shits not withering. Software doesn't rot.

Also the carebear quarm server is over there ‐----------->

They will make you a special NPC in EC if you're whiny enough

Should fit right in
Old 05-24-2024, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Quarm is a great option for the casual player, the working man's sever if you will. I don't have a lot of time to play, but I absolutely must have the best gear in the game in order to enjoy it casually. Because isn't that what Everquest is all about -- the pixels we made along the way? I think you p99 neckbeards have sadly forgotten that.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I mean, most reasonable people probably understand that the devs aren't *obligated* to communicate and could literally do anything they wanted with the project. That doesn't change the fact that most people who've dedicated a lot of time and effort would very much appreciate some kind of heads-up after years of radio silence. I don't really think it's unreasonable to ask for (not demand) an update.

If they're burnt out and want to shut the servers down forever / leave them as-is until almost everyone stops playing, that's fine. If there's something else going on and a merge / refresh is still in the cards, that'd be nice to know, too. It's just a bummer when you peek in every ~6 months only to discover that there haven't been any updates whatsoever.

It's hard to watch something you've gotten so much enjoyment out of over the years just slowly wither.
I've seen this same slow-roll schematic towards death on every dead MMO I've ever played. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you guys ever hear of a game called ragnarok? how about trickster? no? how about swtor or monster hunter? There have been countless MMO's that have come and countless that have gone. Feebleness and inactivity is what leads to contempt and destruction.
Personally some of my favorites were things like grand chase and dragon nest, where the content was active and engaged while in it's prime.

Green was a noble concept initially, but it was a bridge to nowhere. Now that the bridge has come to it's final resting spot, the empty abyss is all that remains.

There's a saying, The Journey is the Prize.
Those that simply want to "be the best and get to the end before everyone else" now have nothing but the abyss to stare into.

There are 2 "next steps" that will come for destruction. The dumbing down of the spoken word and the foreign invasion with invasive tongues.
When an MMO dies, the first truly BIG sign is the takedown of the english language.
There are only small signs before that, in game inflation, lack of parties, and a top-heavy playerbase, for examples.

All MMO's fated for destruction follow the same path. Whether young or old.
Only Creation can stop Destruction.
Old 05-26-2024, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 2 "next steps" that will come for destruction. The dumbing down of the spoken word and the foreign invasion with invasive tongues.
When an MMO dies, the first truly BIG sign is the takedown of the english language.
You mean this will happen on green?

Old 05-26-2024, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

How did I get here? green...green99? Wipe that dingleberry clean! now how do I find my way out?