Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New pally

Hello everyone signed up about a year and a half ago and made a Mage with the intentions of using him to gear up a pally got to lvl 16 then had to quit. Thankfully I'm back and have decided to just play what I want. I was able to get him some bronze armor and my question is how long will bronze armor last and what's a good weapon I can group to get at a low level? Thanks in game name is dalem!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Kobold

Hang out in Commons and you might get some hookups. Bronze will last a little bit. If you can scrounge up 300-500pp you can snag yourself a Ghoulbane.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Sword of the Skyfire prob to start. Until you can get a sword of morning (or similar) I would upgrade to a 2hander for the ratio. Nathsar Greatsword, poison wind censer, etc.

Bash is nice but you have interupts. Go with dmg.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-05-2011 at 02:28 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the speedy responses
Old 09-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

The sk thread recently had some general advice that is close for pallies.

Basically you have a 20 dmg cap till 10, then it goes to 28. Fast wins for the early levels but having a 1h/shield combo and a high dps 2h is the goal.

Enjoy the pally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

for one, stick with this class, my first classic char was a paladin, but bronze is good up to lvl 20, even up to the 30's, but by the time you hit 20-30, youll find your self starting to get more plat, whats your playing time and what lvl are you currently? i wouldnt mind doing a free pl for you

paladins are my favorite tanks, but thats just me
Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I appreciate the offer bakkily but I don't want to skip any of the leveling process and thanks for the info on bronze
Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Bronze armor will last you to 50 if you can stand the look. People will be unimpressed, but the point where you can buy/loot better armor comes before the point where bronze armor hinders you from progressing. People leveled to 50 in banded armor without major trouble, and if you save up and don't spend your money on stupid things, you can probably afford most of a set of Deepwater by your 40s. Then add an enameled black chestplate and whatever leggings you feel like and you have gear that you can raid in.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

bronze lasts till 45, 46+ = planar gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Once you get to 30, you should be able to do the Ro Armor quests....they are all fairly easy, plus someone is always around to help. The only pieces you need would be the boots....shit i can't remember now, been awhile :/

But for now, save money....if and when you can, a ghoulbane is a great weapon...plus +55hp rings (which go for what, 400plat...?).

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed. Bronze is fully functional and you can dump a ton of money on a few stats or hps. Instead look for a more noticeable increase if solo is your game. Weapons and haste > All except a Fungi for leveling.
Closed Thread