Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Me and melveny killed 7 OoT with an oor healer in mistmoore to take zone control 2 nights ago if that makes you feel any better. Who are you in game big man?
<Holocaust>
VZTZ
Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never lvling another char eve again sry Gnar =(
<Holocaust>
VZTZ
Last edited by Gnar; 12-08-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lovely confirmed pro baller on box, and makes more money then ya'll do working ur slavery nine 2 five jobs

confirmed box champion & poker champion of the world

its 2011 pals, no one works a nine 2 five that has above 100 intelligence

internets = FREE MONEY

ya'll so jelly

Thanks for the manastone lovely will come handy on teh paladin!
I'm a financial adviser and have over 600 clients in the practice. Every single one of them made their money by having a real job. The ones that have serious money work 12+ hours because they are as addicted to work as you are to Everquest.

No chance anyone on p1999 is making baller money on online poker. Making just enough to pay rent and keep the electricity on so you can play your online games is even a stretch. Kiddie shit.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

WAIT..... LOVELY IS A GUY????????
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boner Doner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WAIT..... LOVELY IS A GUY????????
Lovely is an fugly girl pretending to be a guy playing a girl on everquest.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

oh wait i found lovely....

Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a financial adviser and have over 600 clients in the practice. Every single one of them made their money by having a real job. The ones that have serious money work 12+ hours because they are as addicted to work as you are to Everquest.

No chance anyone on p1999 is making baller money on online poker. Making just enough to pay rent and keep the electricity on so you can play your online games is even a stretch. Kiddie shit.
Not necessarily true. Only reason I'm not playing online poker is because of the shutdown in America and not wanting to move. I have plenty of friends still making 6 figure incomes playing online poker in various countries, Canada mainly. Each of them plays a varying amount, depending on their ability to table select, multitable, and what stakes they are playing. Missing a month or even playing only 3-4 tables while leveling is very possible. When I played on VZTZ I played poker while leveling, raids, etc - made a little more than "rent and keeping the electricity on" too, it paid for graduate school. I don't doubt others being able to do the same.

For what it's worth, I don't think any of my poker friends that are still in the game have financial advisors. Granted, a modest 6 figure income isn't exactly world beating - but it is respectable for the time, effort, and education required. Most either don't invest (wisely) or they are making a living for a family and live off a strict budget. I don't personally know any players approaching 7 figures though if that is your typical salary range per client.
Last edited by Daefuin; 12-08-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

This thread delivers!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not necessarily true. Only reason I'm not playing online poker is because of the shutdown in America and not wanting to move. I have plenty of friends still making 6 figure incomes playing online poker in various countries, Canada mainly. Each of them plays a varying amount, depending on their ability to table select, multitable, and what stakes they are playing. Missing a month or even playing only 3-4 tables while leveling is very possible.

For what it's worth, I don't think any of my poker friends that are still in the game have financial advisors. Granted, a modest 6 figure income isn't exactly world beating - but it is respectable for the time, effort, and education required. Most either don't invest (wisely) or they are making a living for a family and live off a strict budget. I don't personally know any players approaching 7 figures though if that is your typical salary range per client.
6 figures is respectable and can lead to serious wealth if you are on a real financial plan. You are probably right that most poker players do not have the discipline to have a real financial plan and most likely fail in the long run.

For those that play poker and make over 100k a year - they most likely put in 60+ hours a week grinding it out. You can make the same in a real profession working less hours and actually producing a value to society.

Then again if you are lazy and can't interact socially outside the safety of a computer screen I see how poker can be a good alternative.
Closed Thread