Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snukie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you have never seen a book on gamedesign. I dont mean to attack you personally but i can tell you if you do that you will have a huge drop. First of all play nice policy? Who will enforce it? The one GM ? She has already enough to do with all the other crap thats going on. How long do you want her to be online? What about us Euros? Shall we wait till late at night to log on so we can petition if someone is breaking the rules? How about we use recordings everytime we play so we can "prove" if things go wrong when a GM aint online.
I dont mean to disrespect you its just a friendly discussion.
Wall of text because of me saying to remove the Play Nice policy, eh? You do realize that Play Nice policy IS in place on Red 99? You DO know what the Play Nice policy IS, right? Aha, I see you didn't. Well done sir, well done.

Thanks for agreeing with me though.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about we keep the exp the same as classic, just like blue99 did. Agreed? Good.
Welcome to 1999 where we are all 13 years old and--oh wait, it's 2011 now and we all have full time jobs++ (well, some neckbearders may still live with mom, but hey)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no yellow text and global ooc downfall of server.
Amen
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets try and keep the shitty vztz rejects suggestions to a minimum, servers fine for the most part. Population isn't even bad, most people just aren't into EQ pvp. Only thing that might need adjusting is beginning level experience rates.

Realistically though Rogaine don't give a fuck and nothing will change. Either way I will /deal with it sunglasses face.
WTF?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Orc

i'm not anywhere close to 50 but I don't like the idea of increasing EXP. The main reason I like red more than blue is because it is difficult. Yeah the grind sucks, but every level I gain, i deserved it, whether its claiming my territory through pvp or commandeering another one with my buddies. Plus, I like how it takes a while to hit 50 - I mean once you hit 50, what else are you going to do...enjoy the ride man.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Kobold

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should ask the bluebies why they quit/won't try the pvp server. They're really the ones we need to convince to play here; they know the game, they're aware of us and all they have to do to access us is make one or two different clicks when they login.

Personally, I think our population would be doing much better if we had managed to muster up a little more civility amongst ourselves. When the server still seemed like just a rumor, many of us took to trolling the blues. We insulted them for playing the game differently, told them we were better than them and were generally very abrasive. Many of them told us that the reason they would not play Red99 is that we were immature and crude.

Then the server releases, and many of them try it out, wanting a new start or something. And we all acted like VZTZ trash, taking every opportunity to screw over our fellow player, and screenshoting everything said in hopes of making them look bad on the messageboard. Cliques from VZTZ were carried over, and these people are the ones that are ahead of the curve now. Their melees had (and have) people to xp with, friends that make the game enjoyable and easier. Then these players take their level, number and gear advantage and seek out every possible target and kill them. There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but after every kill there's taunting and poorly photoshopped screenshots of their corpses posted here.

Server chat could not remain civil, and admins had to step in and start seriously banning forum accounts to make us listen, and even then it only helped a little. We're all trolls, and we're all constantly trolling while we're here. Trolls trolling trolls. I don't know how, but we've managed to attract all the worst sorts of personalities for maintaining a population while the best ones are conspicuously missing. There's no sense of camaraderie here, no one wanting to come together to take down the big bad guys. It's "us against the world" for every guild, and prospective new players are very aware that they're going to be fighting an uphill battle against overwhelming numbers of people in a better position to fight than themselves.

Holocaust and Nihilum are reminding us with every post they make that the rest of us are unimportant. They use words like "non-factor" and "scrub".

None of this is good for the population, and the really sad thing is that none of it is going to change. To the blues, who could have been the lifeblood of this server, we're like a very interesting reality tv show. It's fun for them to watch us get angry at one another and revel in the worst of ourselves.. but they're not about to throw themselves into that train wreck.

Where are the nice people? Where are the fun people? Where are the roleplayers? Why is everything "u mad" and "you got shit on, brah"?

The blue server isn't struggling with their population, despite the slow leveling speed and mean raid guilds. If the devs give in to our whining and make the game easier, I feel we would only be attracting more of the people that are the cause of the low population. The people that don't want to play the game, and only want to troll trolls.
u hit the nail on the head bro-- civility would go a loooooooong way. at the end of the day, we're all gamers, it's just a game, treating people like trash at the start of the server when the server should be flourishing doesn't help..

i was kiting guards the other day and this lower lvl died cuz she had no guard to run to.. i got a good laugh out of it, but i gave her 25pp and she just about shit herself and said everybody else has been non helpful and /laughs if something as simple as a buff is asked for

how is that encouraging at all? xp rate, etc is a whole other issue that i think ultimately we have no control of... its not 1999 folks, if ur interested in a healthy server pop then mebbe tone it down a bit.. but all the vz/tz ppl still proclaim that 60-90 people is a great pop... i guess they all like playing with themselves?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned

vztz is full of friendly ppl looking to have a nice peaceful conversation on aolchatroom99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aj8J2n0rh0
Last edited by pojab; 12-20-2011 at 10:36 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Orc

Slow as hell classic exp coupled with exp loss in pvp is just hilariously retarded. No wonder the population dropped. There wasn't a single server like this on live.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get a blackburrow group now, but new players may not have that luxury in a few months.
This is already not true. Day by day it is getting harder to find groups pre-20. Lets not even talk about from 5-10.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Stimulus:

I am against itemloot.... But if yall insist: Make indoor/dungeons zones itemloot, bags included.

Or better yet

Just make the current FFA Indoor zone list have item/bag loot , with huge xp bonus.

Could do this for a few low lvl zones too like crushbone or najena.

Will encourage itemloot pvp if xp bonus is large enough.
Last edited by Billbike; 12-20-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Closed Thread