Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Skeleton

/bump. As a new player on the server this his high quality info. Just trying to keep it near the top. I'll be following this guide fairly religiously, so thank you!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Aviak

You're quite welcome.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Large Bat

Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. Am I the only one that finds it so freaking ironic that 100% of this thread is so grateful for this information when ShowEQ is against the server policy and a bannable offense and given the opportunity each person in this thread would hang any known ShowEQ user out to dry?

If anything this thread should be deleted for promoting an exploiting program.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. Am I the only one that finds it so freaking ironic that 100% of this thread is so grateful for this information when ShowEQ is against the server policy and a bannable offense and given the opportunity each person in this thread would hang any known ShowEQ user out to dry?

Yes, you're the only one. Bye.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once
Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. . .

. . . This thread should be deleted for promoting an exploiting program.
I agree with you. I get the impression that this removes the fascination of discovery and works toward making the player experience more of an autonomous process and dilutes the quality of the game. Blah blah blah.

You do have the option of not using show-e.q. or the information distilled from it.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait.

Let me clarify again; as already stated in the OP, I cleared the presentation of this information with Nilbog / Amelinda etc. (Nilbog HIMSELF posted a different view of virtually the same information, it was just lost within a large thread and never seen again.)

Edit: Here's the link to his post: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=68

As far as I know, spawn logs such as this were used by the developers of various emulated servers (including this one, to my knowledge) to save the developers some "Grunt work" time that would have been necessary to find these values themselves. If we could find similar information for say, Velious, you could reasonably expect that it would speed up development time. I've been searching for quite some time, but have yet to find it listed anywhere. (If anyone could find this, that would be fantastic!)

I see no harm in creating a beneficial by-product out of a program which has caused so many legitimate players grief over the years, it's a bit ironic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If anything, this will give such legitimate players a more balanced playing field against the unscrupulous individuals you mentioned, who are using such a program for their own benefit. Sure, this won't tell you when/where mobs will spawn and all that jazz, but it will help individuals/groups level up faster by finding extremely efficient grind spots that they might have overlooked.

Ultimately, I view it as my contribution to "power leveling the server," since we seem to be experiencing quite an influx of new players as of late.

Oh, and 27% away from 60, then to get started on the grind spot spreadsheet. I'm thinking I'll sort it by level ranges obviously, and attempt to put in a few macros or sorting tools that will help you find the information you need asap (e.g. input a level value, or zone value), rather than peruse a huge spreadsheet full of numbers etc.
Last edited by Morsakin; 02-06-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Closed Thread