Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I think the regen here is bugged like that as well. From what I remember of classic it was 2 sitting 4 standing for a troll at level 1, then 4 standing and 6 sitting (maybe 3/6) at level 20. Here, it is 4/6 at level 1.
I get maybe 10 sitting in troll illusion in the mid 20s as an enchanter, too.

Good stuff.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilPhans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks fine to me. Spell interupts and actually getting stunned are two different things.
You are kinda right and kinda wrong. Our racial is pretty much shit at the moment. STUN immunity is working correctly it seems, but the current motion interrupt system on p1999 makes an Ogre have almost no advantage when it comes to getting a cast off.

We(ogres) should be able to cast all day long by negating the push such as standing in a corner or against a wall, but since its npc melee attacks and not their push that interrupts on p1999, we get interrupted even in a corner.

This severely impacts Ogres as we are used to combining no stuns with corners to be non interrupt-able machines basically.

Haynar knows this and is looking to implement some sort of fix sometime hopefully after finals. << taken from other thread

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Last edited by girth; 05-11-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Orc

i can't speak to 1999. cause i wasn't playing til late 2001. but it is acting no different on p1999.. then when i started with an ogre shaman in luclin on live. I still had to stand on walls and stuff not to get interupted.. channeling helped once it went up.

wait are you saying if i stand on a corner i will still get interupted?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilPhans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i can't speak to 1999. cause i wasn't playing til late 2001. but it is acting no different on p1999.. then when i started with an ogre shaman in luclin on live. I still had to stand on walls and stuff not to get interupted.. channeling helped once it went up.

wait are you saying if i stand on a corner i will still get interupted?
Correct. It's been documented by the devs that they took out the melee push ability because it wasn't working right or something. If you played classic EQ you'll remember raid leader yelling at the melee to PUSH the mob into a corner/up against a wall hahahah. This "pushing" movement is what did the actual interrupting, not the melee attacks themselves. In P99, the "pushing" ability was taken out like I said, and the devs instead replaced it with melee attacks interrupting spells.

So Ogre frontal stun immunity is working, but because the melee attacks can interrupt now, it doesn't matter where you stand you'll still get interrupted.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Aviak

Indeed. Even after youve done the quest, you can go out and kill Master Whoopal or whatever his name is and turn his head in to the npc in Neriak Commons to get another mask. I probably did it at least 25 times on my old shaman lol.
Closed Thread