Project 1999  

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants, Flames, and NSFW

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Verenity Verenity is offline
Sarnak

Verenity's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Grats Xaine
Player operating within the confines of a group without a set loot policy.
Nothing else to see here, move along.
__________________
[60 Cleric] Verenity / [60 Shaman] Myer / [55 Paladin] Indomitable / [40+ Rogue] Underhanded <Bregan D'Aerth>

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumassatan View Post
I have a very good development in sports soccer news of the day contributed to genes, we thank you very much for sports
  #62  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM
bman8810 bman8810 is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting View Post
Which means if the group decided, at that moment, to not let him get the second one...he wouldn't get it.

The rules weren't decided in either direction until that point where Xaine took it upon himself to be a greedy faggot.
Quite the display of selective reading there champ. Please go reread my post because I addressed this.
__________________
P99-
Gukod Crystalfrost - 53 Erudite Magician

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
  #63  
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 AM
Asher Asher is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
In the first sentence, you say it is your responsibility, as group leader, to make sure the loot distribution rules are known by all ahead of time.

Yet in the second sentence you say you would have booted the guy for 1) not knowing the rules (a.k.a. your own personal loot rules, which you assume everyone should follow), 2) having a different idea about loot distribution, and 3) winning a second item when the rules had not been pre-established.

Who is the loot whore here? It sure doesn't sound like Xaine to me. He was operating within the confines of the group as he understood them to be. Just like you assume everyone knows your rules set, and that seems to be the issue you keep bringing up. Not everyone had the same experiences on live, and every single server had different customs and norms regarding grouping, lists, rolling, NBG, and FFA. To take what you know as normal or fair, from your experiences on live and here, and to impose it on people here, without forewarning them of what you perceive to be the normal loot rules, is a gross miscalculation.

In the above scenario, the group that didn't clarify the rules before hand could have made their case and asked that he return it to the next highest roller, but at the same time not be mad if he didn't return it. From that point forward, the group could have agreed to limit it to one item per person until everyone got something and chalked it up to experience about the need to clarify rules before the need arises to invoke them.


As an aside, TMO guild groups usually see us duel to the death to determine loot. Of course monks/necros/sks usually win the most loot since they train everyone and scoop it up off the still fresh bodies.
First Sentence = Facetious if it wasn't already obvious.

Second Sentence = What I would do for him being a greedy retard.

I would think the average person would want fair loot distribution which that is obviously not. If we are to assume a loot distribution it should be a fair.

Hell, I am going to assume the the loot distribution in any group I am in is that I get everything. If it isn't mentioned to be otherwise that is how it should be right?

The group should have decided what was best when that shit came up. If the group thought it was fair then great.

Asher
  #64  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Faywind Faywind is offline
Kobold

Faywind's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublestep View Post
Ever have one of those days where you're too sick to masturbate? It sux
Get a girlfriend, masturbation is overrated...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.