Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 05-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get the red experience now. When kunark drops the world will be twice the size, And kunark alts will destroy new players regardless of skill.

Red players would have to hope for an additional 100 players on red when kunark hits, it might happen, who knows.
I meant the only reason I would play would be if it had velious and blue was still on kunark. I honestly don't know if velious will ever release, so I doubt that is possible.

I played a few levels on red for a while and it was decent, but low population and EQ being a grouping game almost destroys it.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Aviak

<3 pvp! Giving up previously acquired progression and character development is rough though. especially in classic EQ. also 85 players max makes it sound intimidating for newbies to the server when you think 85 lvl 60s vs 1 lvl 10 or something.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Banned

No, its a lvl 4 spread. 4 levels below 4 levels above, till you hit the 30s or something, then it goes up to 8 lvl spread.

BTW grey down just now

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RpZYr7lqwAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just gonna quote my post on this from a while back.

Also I think Slave is completely right. You need teams, but teams that make it fair. Can't have all the necros/SK/Troll/Ogres on the "evil" team.
As I recall on Sullon, that was what you had so what's the big deal? The Good and Neutral teams still managed to survive against evil which were almost all necro/sk. What I hated was the constant tweaking to PvP that made it so you never knew from one patch to the next whether your character was going to be a PvP god or dogmeat. There is no way that perfect balance between all classes will ever be achieved because as soon as you 'fix' one thing you end up breaking something else so just let the players keep all of their spells and abilities intact and to hell with trying to make it 'fair'. If players discover that some classes are better at PvP than others, then they will gravitate towards those classes and that is what will end up making it 'fair'.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant the only reason I would play would be if it had velious and blue was still on kunark. I honestly don't know if velious will ever release, so I doubt that is possible.

I played a few levels on red for a while and it was decent, but low population and EQ being a grouping game almost destroys it.

You should be glad there are times you can go on and level up in peace without worrying about being ganked every 5 seconds.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrinn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I recall on Sullon, that was what you had so what's the big deal? The Good and Neutral teams still managed to survive against evil which were almost all necro/sk.
Heh the Evil team dominated SZ from the start to the end. It was pretty much a shocking massacre the likes of which resonate 12 years later to where it is now a tenet of PvP servers that you must balance the teams.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Aviak

Would you visit an asylum for a picnic? That sums it up.

=)
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh the Evil team dominated SZ from the start to the end. It was pretty much a shocking massacre the likes of which resonate 12 years later to where it is now a tenet of PvP servers that you must balance the teams.

I remember my best moment ever on SZ. One of the guys in my group had an evil wizzy on a second account and we were getting ganked hard by evil so he logged into his evil account, grouped up with the guys who were ganking us, and teleported them from Netherbian Lair to Iceclad so we could pass through unharmed. My friend said his only regret was that he didn't have a Hate stone on him at the time or he would have dropped them off there. That would have been a nasty corpse run. The leader of the group that was ganking us PM'd me congratulating me on using a member of team evil to get back at them. He said it was one of the funniest things he'd ever heard of happening on a PvP server in a long time.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Torrinn; 05-23-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

I remember my only PvP server experience in EQ. I can't recall which was the FFA server (SZ?), but that is the one I tried. I rolled my customary DWF PAL. I dropped into the world in the customary spawn point in Butcherblock. There were two level 2 dwarves just waiting there.

They bent me over, dwarf raped me and corpse camped the spot for my next spawn. After I crashed out of EQ I thought "So that's PvP?" and have never played on a PvP server in any game ever again.

I did play WoW for a few years and that wintery zone in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion was very, very well executed PvP in my opinion. I think it was Winterspring... kind of like an arena in EQ. You step into it and you are flagged PvP. There were scripted battles between the two "sides" determined by your race. WoW made PvP engaging and accessible. I never willingly engaged in PvP after my anecdote until then.

Of course... WoW made everything MMO-related easier and accessible, so it's quite possible the PvP sucked donkey balls. I could only compare it to being raped upon newbie spawn in EQ, so it seemed better.