Planar Protector

cancerface known playa hater and mad cause bad

dont trip
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why?

It's a 100, 200 pop if we're lucky, server. Is hiding the location really necessary? Why are we trying to solve some made-up problem that was never an issue on the pvp server that preceded this one?

This kind of pointless overthinking is part of why I've been frustrating playing here -- where good concepts get torn to shit on the forums usually by bluebie converts who have absolutely no clue of what actually works in practice.

Let's not forget that Devnoob swiped this entire server's population sans one guild because he took one day and didn't pussyfoot around, and just put the shit in that needed to be in. Instead of beating something around for eight months and then overcomplicating it with a crappy new feature that doesn't even resemble what people wanted to begin with (pvp exp loss says hi)

this so hard
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Kobold

YT without location is like a day without bacon. A horrible thing indeed.

Next thing you know they will be moderating what people are allowed to say in OOC. Ohwait[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YT without location is like a day without bacon. A horrible thing indeed.

Next thing you know they will be moderating what people are allowed to say in OOC. Ohwait[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, because when people want to play a video game, they want to be forced to read uncensored dribble. Thats the way all games have always worked, triple X or go home... oh wait.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Actually, almost every game has uncensored voice-chat or text chat that you have the option to mute / block.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

No, actually they don't. The stuff said on r99 servers on a regular, if not daily basis would get you suspended from almost any game without exception. Heavy moderation exists in anything you pay for, and only doesn't here because we don't pay for it.

Its funny how your perception of everything is almost entirely the opposite of how it actually is. Be honest with yourself for 10 minutes.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, actually they don't. The stuff said on r99 servers on a regular, if not daily basis would get you suspended from almost any game without exception. Heavy moderation exists in anything you pay for, and only doesn't here because we don't pay for it.

Its funny how your perception of everything is almost entirely the opposite of how it actually is. Be honest with yourself for 10 minutes.
how fat is destin irl?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd say 60%+ of the NBA2k12/Madden games I play involve people saying things like "n*gga" "jew" or "faggot" with a lot of f bombs.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
If by server preceding this one you mean anything other than RZ, VZ or TZ live servers, you are comparing apples and oranges. This is modeled after classic pvp.

This server is about EQ and pvp, not just pvp. Yes, on those servers I can appreciate what they were about, but thats not what R99 is about. Its the whole package, and catering to one crowd at the expense of the other will only do more harm than good. We need a balance. YT is important to one crowd, anonymity is important to the other.
You're not helping yourself. There's a crowd, and then there's you/TB.

Rogean's reasoning for taking out zone info was for the strategy of communicating through chat channels and ooc where the pvp is going down. To appeal to his logic, I prefer the strategy of grabbing a pvp kill and, assuming folks are on my ass since my whereabouts have now been broadcasted, reacting accordingly. Whether that means sneaking out, or trapping up, it's all fun and games.

Anonymity is important for sure (and will remain, even with the pop growth that's been happening). But interaction trumps it in a game about interaction. Go play Zelda.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not helping yourself. There's a crowd, and then there's you/TB.

Rogean's reasoning for taking out zone info was for the strategy of communicating through chat channels and ooc where the pvp is going down. To appeal to his logic, I prefer the strategy of grabbing a pvp kill and, assuming folks are on my ass since my whereabouts have now been broadcasted, reacting accordingly. Whether that means sneaking out, or trapping up, it's all fun and games.

Anonymity is important for sure (and will remain, even with the pop growth that's been happening). But interaction trumps it in a game about interaction. Go play Zelda.
I don't care who stands with me or shares my opinions. I have a nutsack, and my objectivity. Don't care in real life, what the fuck would I care for on a video game forum.

I came here because I like what the server had to offer. I played EQ classic thru velious on RZ, and thats what this emu was most like next to all the rest. I've gone along with a lot of the suggestions on this forum, but others I oppose. No amount of inbred mouth-breathers trolling my posts will change my opinion or lessen my resolve. I want the server to remain as classic as possible.

I played vztz, and didn't like it because I like EQ like RZ. Did I go on their forums and have my buddies troll for classic exp or classic raid encounters and item drops? No, I moved on.

Maybe some of you should do that same.