Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new player myself, that's probably not the best first impression to make..just sayin'.
haha, lighten up. The forums are definitely not a good indication of a game. But I've certainly seen worse forum populations.

Edit: Most people in the game are friendly and will help people out. There are going to be your trolls and bad apples, but overall it's a good crowd. Now if I could only log into the game.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Play. Why not?

I only have time to play once a week but I've had a blast. At most I only have up to 4 hours when I log in for my weekly session. It helps to pick a class that is absolutely vital to a group because you'll spend less time LFG and more time in a group.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Wait to make an Iksar - you don't deserve the awesomeness which is the life of a human monk. Seriously, all these min/maxers who are all over iksar's dicks when it comes to monks fail to realize that human monks have character and are simply just way cooler. Human monks from qeynos (silent fist clan represent) are seriously like the defnition of awesomeness when it comes to EQ.

If you're going to sit here and bash on human monks, don't make one. Seriously, if you make a human monk after this post I'm going to hunt you down in game and grief you until you quit playing that character. No one trash talks human monks and then gets away with creating one on my watch. Normally I just joke around and make empty threats - but in this instance my threats are whatever the opposite of empty is... full? That doesn't make sense, but seriously don't make a human monk.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to Paxton Send a message via AIM to Paxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, all these min/maxers who are all over iksar's dicks when it comes to monks fail to realize that human monks have character and are simply just way cooler. Human monks from qeynos (silent fist clan represent) are seriously like the defnition of awesomeness when it comes to EQ.
I like you. Not because you're right (and you are), but because you're totally frickin right. With style.

Human monks FTW.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

@muninn186: Why bother to reply when you have nothing of substance to say? (or wait until page 2 with something better)

@Toony: Straight to the point. Thanks!

@JaVeDK: Of course, fun is my top priority. I do want to put time into the game, but I certainly can't invest as much as I could during school. Guess I'll have to try it out.

@Stickyfingers: I don't know what you are refering to.

@Uaellaen: Thank you. I will keep this one in mind as I make up my mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Striiker: I /salute your elaboration. I toyed with the idea to create another class and make some money until Kunark arrives. Hmm, I guess I'll give it another shot. I've never played a pure caster before. Intriguing... how about a wiz/mag soloing capabilities in the classic world? Although I've never even thought about playing a necro. So many choices.

@guineapig: Good to know!

@Dantes: Good point.

@Loke: Well, I've already created one and leveled him to DING 6. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by bluejam; 06-24-2010 at 02:15 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Loke: Well, I've already created one and leveled him to DING 6. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be looking for you in game then.

I would like to apologize in advance to the GMs and Guides. The blatant racism of the OP against humans cannot stand. This is a civil rights type thing and any rule breaking I do will be justified civil disobedience. I'm gonna be like the mother fuckin' Rosa Parks of P1999.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Kobold

I think a lot of us on the server are more casual players reminiscing about glory days.

Yeah there are powergamers looking for the next best raid, but every group I have been in someone has mentioned about how they remembered playing this years ago...have jobs..families now...etc. so they can't devote as much time to it.

I see a lot more friendly + casual players on this than I ever did on live.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This project would be a nice opportunity to experience the glorious old days once again which does bring up several problems though.
I don't think playing for nostalgia is enough. You either like the hard and demanding play style or play the new generation of dumb games.

Quote:
First main character was a ranger who I leveled up to 52 including first epic, got annoyed with this toon (crappy defense, pointless bow etc)
Ranger rocked! You either build for melee or for bow, not in between. And once AA came around, the ranger did very well with bows imo. It does not matter what is easy or hard to play, but what you get out of it. If you play for challenge, than ranger was a good challenge in the early days.

Quote:

So in 2002 I quit because I wasn't far from college and EQ became more time consuming in my opinion (flags *argh*, the necessity to grind AAs, uber time consuming dungeon key quests - Vex Thal key was just ridiculous-). Looking back now I should've just switched servers and joined a casual european guild.

Ok, lets cut to the chase. I was wondering if there's a place for people like me on this server. 1 1/2 years left until I'll graduate college, after that it's "job-time". I won't be able to play every day, especially not for several hours in a row. 3-4 months before "the end" I probably won't find any time to spare beside the whole studying drama. I don't know exactly, but time will not be a surplus once I have a job.
If you get a job. But in any case, everyone makes time for something to do, like a hobby. If playing mmo's is not your time consuming hobby, well find something that is. When you actually join the workforce, idealism fades and reality sets in, where as you more so make time for whatever your hobby is, be it golf, rugby, TV or video games . Life does not end because you get a job, or go to school or have a family; all the diversions are a necessity.

Quote:
Futhermore I do have more than enough time until the Kunark release to level up an avatar. Of course I chose a monk again because a) I have no *real* idea how to play another class and b) I don't really want to play another class. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sadly I HAD to start a human monk - although I very very very much dislike them.
Than don't. Don't do something you don't want to do. That simple. That's no diversion, that's doing something simply for nostalgia. Even with school or work, do what you want to do, not what you don't.

Quote:
No fees is great
That is no reason to play. There is a fee, just someone else is paying it for you. At some point it's a good idea to donate, if at least enough to cover your usage.

Quote:
edit: PS: I forgot to mention that I find the noob leveling very tedious - granted it has been more than 8 years, but I never had to experience the hardcore way because a friend of mine helped me out with some basic equipment, nothing too fancy, but it did help. Of course it was even easier with my monk since I had him twinked somewhat by my first main char.
99% of new games are dumbed down, the difficulty removed, and your hand held from day one to cap. Maybe that is what you rather want if anything. It comes down to accomplishment vs. entitlement, and you probably need to figure which is your overall life outlook.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

@Daywolf:
I wouldn't just want to play for nostalgia.
Well yeah, rangers became cool with the AA era, but I didn't want to divide up my time to play two characters.

I WILL get a job. I'm studying medicine and Germany is in dear need of doctors and will be in the future.
I do have other hobbies, but have enough time to squeeze in something else.. the question is: will this be EQClassic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good advice regarding the whole monk dilemma.
True @ fees.

It's not about the difficulty of leveling, but the time consuming manner. I do enjoy challenging games, don't get me wrong, but time is of the essence. I'm not sure if I should spend it here or somewhere else, but I realize now that noone can actually answer this, but me. edit: I do not want to play another MMORPG.

Nevertheless, I got some good feedback for now. Thanks!
Last edited by bluejam; 06-25-2010 at 10:45 AM..
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm studying medicine and Germany is in dear need of doctors
Die dann aber schlecht bezahlt werden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread