Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Euopean Mcdonalds employees make 46k USD salaries?
Maybe 46k before taxes? I make 72k a year and don't take 3k usd home a month..
Old 10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe 46k before taxes? I make 72k a year and don't take 3k usd home a month..
How is that possible? Even claiming 0 you don't get taxed 50% in any state. Maybe you have like 15% going to 401K, expensive insurance, a bunch coming out for an FSA or somethin?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

if you live in NYC you might
Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that possible? Even claiming 0 you don't get taxed 50% in any state. Maybe you have like 15% going to 401K, expensive insurance, a bunch coming out for an FSA or somethin?
You pretty much answered it yourself. $17,500/year in 401k, insurance, federal, and state taxes reduce it real quick. I doubt many max out their 401(k) with that income but easily possible.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

So u guys think 3800 USD a month is much?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

It's probably slightly above average income here tbo. Depending on where you live and how much you're taxed, how much you're putting into 401k, insurance, hsa/fsa etc it could be up to an 80k/yr job.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaahbal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So u guys think 3800 USD a month is much?
It's more than enough for a single male in Dallas to live comfortably
Old 10-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's more than enough for a single male in Dallas to live comfortably
Yeah I'd say anywhere but California or NYC you're owning a house with a decent car and have a reasonable amount of disposable income.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sure a wipe would just mean many people that acquired equipment thru RMT would just pay RL currency for a set of twinkage again.

A wipe wouldn't just clean the server of RMT 'taint' it would also clear many thousands hours of 'legitimate' work/play, which could make clean whistlerers hesitant to reroll.

On the subject of wipes/new rule sets, I always suspect EC mart of being a crutch for many people that weren't able to get out in to the game and actually earn their gear themselves; instead those players would sit on relatively easy cash camps (or RMT) and pay other players to gear them out. I really enjoyed the suggestion of making all items no drop, but I'd make a few alterations.

Most items would be unable to be traded among players, with the exception of items used or produced by trade skills... and maybe basic adventuring supplies like bandages.

Items could still be sold to merchants for cash, but merchant wouldn't be able to then sell these items back to the player base.

MQs would also not be allowed.

... I appreciate this probably wouldn't be a very popular rules set (neither red nor blue) so before anyone calls me out on it, no I won't make my own server :P.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure a wipe would just mean many people that acquired equipment thru RMT would just pay RL currency for a set of twinkage again.

A wipe wouldn't just clean the server of RMT 'taint' it would also clear many thousands hours of 'legitimate' work/play, which could make clean whistlerers hesitant to reroll.

On the subject of wipes/new rule sets, I always suspect EC mart of being a crutch for many people that weren't able to get out in to the game and actually earn their gear themselves; instead those players would sit on relatively easy cash camps (or RMT) and pay other players to gear them out. I really enjoyed the suggestion of making all items no drop, but I'd make a few alterations.

Most items would be unable to be traded among players, with the exception of items used or produced by trade skills... and maybe basic adventuring supplies like bandages.

Items could still be sold to merchants for cash, but merchant wouldn't be able to then sell these items back to the player base.

MQs would also not be allowed.

... I appreciate this probably wouldn't be a very popular rules set (neither red nor blue) so before anyone calls me out on it, no I won't make my own server :P.
If this happened, I would charge everybody in my group 15pp per symbol.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread