Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try P2002? Using the titanium client now..raid scence isn't overbloating toxicity spewing from the bowels of a tapeworm infested camel..

Allows 3 boxing, but so does P99 honestly..and going to Lucling/PoP ...cats and giant snake aliens..F yeah
Go away. You see me sending them to takp? No. So quit shilling p02. A better client means jack.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear y'all, just speaking for me : Stop after PoP. Sure, there was some good stuff that came after but it's really the point where the game started transforming into the overpowered, gear raining shitfest that it quickly became.
If raining overpowered gear is your stopping point, then lets stop before kunark. Or before planes. Or before dragon itemisation.

7/18 (with an ac proc that bypasses the by level worn AC caps) off a level 14. Puts to shame almost anything non dragon/plane pre kunark.
Last edited by Jimjam; 01-05-2017 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo, the charm of Everquest was that they always put out a massive amount of "good enough" content in the form of expansions every 6-12 months.

Stick to any expansion for much longer than that and you start to wonder why you're spending all week collecting bear asses for a 10 hp upgrade.

If you were forced to stop on an expansion, I'd think PoP w/ LDoN (top content instanced!) would be the best expansion to stop on.
Classic PoTime wasn't truly instanced though!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic PoTime wasn't truly instanced though!
I don't remember the exact details but wasn't it some sort of lockout timer? I remember we had to work out a rotation with other guilds. IIRC it was like 7 day timer but because there were several guilds in PoTime we only had like 2 days to clear before the next guild's turn. Looking back it was pretty amazing how the guilds on Lanys worked out a reasonably equitable rotation when you compare to what happens here.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't mind if they skipped POP and everything and ONLY added this little expansion....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki...ons_of_Norrath

The mini instanced dungeon challenges were actually pretty fun.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember the exact details but wasn't it some sort of lockout timer? I remember we had to work out a rotation with other guilds. IIRC it was like 7 day timer but because there were several guilds in PoTime we only had like 2 days to clear before the next guild's turn. Looking back it was pretty amazing how the guilds on Lanys worked out a reasonably equitable rotation when you compare to what happens here.
The events had varying respawn times. The Phase 1 trials were 12 hours and the Phase2/3 were something really weird like 5 days I think (maybe it was 7, but I think they were a little less) and the Phase 4/5 gods were 7 days.

So... the zone did limit you to 72 players in zone and would prevent a 73rd from zoning in. You could also bind in PoTime B at this point in time. Due to classic PoP raid window (which only allowed for 10 group leaders, I.e. Raids of 60 max) you could still have 12 people out of your raid in the zone with you. So different guilds could zone in but once you had 72 zoned in, anyone else was prevented from zoning in.

Al'Kabor, which had the alpha of alpha versions of PoTime would have Phase 2 trigger once you zoned into the 5th Phase 1 trial (rather than when you defeated it). Which would cause mobs to aggro through the time dial while you're still fighting Phase 1 which was fun. Also there was no walling of AEs, the gods only dropped 2 loots per, and Quarm had absolutely ridiculous AEs. Look up Quarm's 8 AEs on Lucy and then look at the history tab to see the changes made around July of 2003. The week following this update TR/Afterlife finally downed Quarm, for good reason. Some of the AEs were just ridiculous. My personal favorite was the 300' Range PBAE 18 second stun, unresistable with a 35 second recast time. Lol...
Old 01-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

I hated PoP. The books and so on were crap but the main thing that caused me to quit was that PC characters became too godly. Sort of like WoW where you see a high level gold mob that's supposed to be hard but you can solo it. In EQ before PoP, a special mob, even a lower level one would usually wipe the floor with you pun intended after PoP not so much.

That's the spirit of games now, not very challenging, challenge is important otherwise why bother.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hated PoP. The books and so on were crap but the main thing that caused me to quit was that PC characters became too godly. Sort of like WoW where you see a high level gold mob that's supposed to be hard but you can solo it. In EQ before PoP, a special mob, even a lower level one would usually wipe the floor with you pun intended after PoP not so much.

That's the spirit of games now, not very challenging, challenge is important otherwise why bother.
Kunark did the same to classic, didn't it?
Old 01-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Every expansion did this.

A 60 Shaman coming back to classic can solo almost everything other than a raid mob. Tranix, Fear Golems, Efreeti, Ghoul Lord. All are trivial with Turgurs and Torpor.

A 60 Monk with BiS Velious Raid gear can tank Tolapmuj and Sebilite Protector without slow and a crappy Druid healer no problem due to raid gear. A 60 Warrior with BiS gear can tank most Kunark dragons with only a single cleric healing them, and most can be done with 1-2 groups of Velious raid geared characters.

Etc.

Content is theoretically supposed to be challenging with era appropriate gear. Once you go back an era with newer gear, spells, levels and AAs it will inevitably be found to be much easier.

PoP was the expansion where you actually faced off with the Gods in their planes. Previously you had seen Innoruuk, Cazic Thule and Tunare. PoP let you face and defeat most of the rest. Of course characters became Godly. But to actually defeat some of those gods you needed a well balanced raid of 60-72 raiders.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Kobold

I personally would love to see AA's however with that you will obviously have to add additional raid content. When guilds kill dragons in <5 mins AA's would make it a 1-2 group thing.

I wasn't a big fan of Luclin, the whole moon thing turned me off, but when I look back, I didn't play it much before PoP came out. I never got to see very many of the zones and couldn't distinguish its content from PoP.

Getting to 60 doesn't really drive me because I know once I do, it is just a poop sock fest for gear. With AA's it would be different.
Closed Thread