Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of the thread is that the rules are fucked in VP, and not a good representation of what VP raiding was on live. Everyone says training was allowed in VP on live yet there is not one single shread of evidence of this, do you happen to have any?
Would you shut the fuck up on this already. You keep preaching the same shit that has already had light shed on it.

1) Rules for VP here aren't based on the rules for VP on live.

2) P99 non CSR for VP isn't the same as Live's non CSR for raid zones.

3) Certain servers trained in VP regardless of what the rule book said because some GMs didn't enforce the rules as strictly as other servers.

NOTE: See my signature for Rogean's response to this ignorant asshat.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you shut the fuck up on this already. You keep preaching the same shit that has already had light shed on it.

1) Rules for VP here aren't based on the rules for VP on live.

2) P99 non CSR for VP isn't the same as Live's non CSR for raid zones.

3) Certain servers trained in VP regardless of what the rule book said because some GMs didn't enforce the rules as strictly as other servers.

NOTE: See my signature for Rogean's response to this ignorant asshat.
Not everyone is as smart as you autotune, I'm trying to enlighten the folks like arteker/alarti who are still convinced training was allowed on live by GM's.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

I like training Tasslehof. Come join TMO and you might get the chance too!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone is as smart as you autotune, I'm trying to enlighten the folks like arteker/alarti who are still convinced training was allowed on live by GM's.
It was... on Fennin Ro for sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
unlike you seems i did raid in live and training was a hugue factor .or it was in solusek ro server.
i dont even remember a gm showing up or bothering to do nada about it.

but instead we had lots of wonderfull gm events and no one complained.

Gms where around to help individual people and do events and in general help when they can , most guides where useles.

in raid scene they never moved a finger.

Gms like brenloo, pugigi or mrylokar did though that way.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unlike you seems i did raid in live and training was a hugue factor .or it was in solusek ro server.
i dont even remember a gm showing up or bothering to do nada about it.

but instead we had lots of wonderfull gm events and no one complained.

Gms where around to help individual people and do events and in general help when they can , most guides where useles.

in raid scene they never moved a finger.

Gms like brenloo, pugigi or mrylokar did though that way.

Prove it.

There is substantial proof that training was not allowed by live GMs in any zone, yet you still make claims that sol ro was different....where is your proof?

By your logic, training was allowed in plane of hate/fear/sky too then?

It certainly wasn't, but these zones all share the same "non-csr" tag with VP, where you insist training was allowed by live GMs.

The only argument for training in VP being allowed that has been presented so far is that pathing there is so bad that training is inevitable and would lead to excessive petitions for the gms to deal with. That makes no sense though because now you're making it impossible for people to zone in/explore/experiment and offer input that may aid in fixing the pathing.

Furthermore, the entire raiding scene is instilled with doubt in terms of what kind of fair/competitive raiding scene awaits in velious if 2+ years after kunark release training is still allowed in the final raiding zone.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the zone is that unique, I believe it just hasn't seen much from the devs.

Not to mention, that while the zone was going to be released, the pathing dev was called out to be abusing his powers (true/untrue as it may have been) and ultimately quit. This left VP without anyone to focus on its pathing as the other devs, I believe, were/are focused on Velious.

From what I have seen now there is a new dev working on pathing, but he/she either isn't an expert (not being an ass), has given VP very little attention, or has been focusing on Velious zones more (or some combination of those).
It is quite bewildering that the endzone of kunark receives such little care and attention.

Should we conclude that the endzones of velious will similarily receive as little attention? Worrying.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Prove it.

There is substantial proof that training was not allowed by live GMs in any zone, yet you still make claims that sol ro was different....where is your proof?

By your logic, training was allowed in plane of hate/fear/sky too then?

It certainly wasn't, but these zones all share the same "non-csr" tag with VP, where you insist training was allowed by live GMs.

The only argument for training in VP being allowed that has been presented so far is that pathing there is so bad that training is inevitable and would lead to excessive petitions for the gms to deal with. That makes no sense though because now you're making it impossible for people to zone in/explore/experiment and offer input that may aid in fixing the pathing.

Furthermore, the entire raiding scene is instilled with doubt in terms of what kind of fair/competitive raiding scene awaits in velious if 2+ years after kunark release training is still allowed in the final raiding zone.
or claiming venril rathir aoe lifetaps.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

It's obvious that everyone except tmo thinks this rule is trash, and it isn't even classic. So why is it still allowed? What is it going to take for the GMs to change their stance on this?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's obvious that everyone except tmo thinks this rule is trash, and it isn't even classic. So why is it still allowed? What is it going to take for the GMs to change their stance on this?
Is it obvious?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread