Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

I'll take that over what we have now. What Unbrella said is at least an improvement over the current situation.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

I see Divinity signed already. Has their position changed?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Why would I sign an agreement that allows server staff to punish me for breaking it when I can just as easily happily follow the agreement you guys want and always reserve the right to break the agreement consequence free (not that we would)?

Keep in mind, Erati - TMO never broke the agreement either time. We have Taken and IB to thank for that. So when criticizing, please shift your focus away from the Class-C guild that willingly respected the agreement to begin with.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I sign an agreement that allows server staff to punish me for breaking it when I can just as easily happily follow the agreement you guys want and always reserve the right to break the agreement consequence free (not that we would)?

Keep in mind, Erati - TMO never broke the agreement either time. We have Taken and IB to thank for that. So when criticizing, please shift your focus away from the Class-C guild that willingly respected the agreement to begin with.
Fuckin' a, there we go. I'll take Unbrella's word. He has never given me problems when I had to interact with him and I will put my confidence in his guild upholding the agreement as long as he is an officer.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

I don't see the big deal about needing staff punishment enforced. The sky rotation is not staff enforced. At worst we keep what we have. At best we get more nobles.
Argh could you perhaps edit the first post to word the agreement in line with TMO's stance? I would rather have something in place even if it is not bound by the staff. If everyone can agree to that then we can move forward.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I am honestly not trying to take a jab at hyjal but in the past year of making noise the best he has managed is a maestro, why is it a concern that he might kill an overseer of air? Hyjal needs to take the a-teams Sunday evening slot and give his guild something consistent, signing this agreement is in his best interests and even if he refuses he is not a threat at this time.

While I also want to push this through, I am not going to take umbrella or tmo's word for anything. They need to get on board with the agreement or it needs to be tweaked and revoted on until everyone agrees. The easiest action is obviously for them just to agree to this proposal. A 1 week suspension from sky isn't even a punishment for tmo at this time, umbrella is simply in here making trouble.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I dont think we need Staff suspending people for raid targets over Noble, with the current practice of treating each mob as its own entity rather than raid suspending for an entire cycle, punishment for these would b messy

also should this agreement happen n then b subsequently broken I doubt we would ever really b able to salvage this to retry so punishments would b a moot pt
Old 03-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Ok well then can Argh please reword the agreement and possibly start us a fresh thread for voting? This is obviously something that benefits from being passed sooner rather than later.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unbrella is simply in here making trouble.
If I were in here to make trouble, I would have just said "Absolutely not" and withdrawn. Or, I'd tell you that TMO will break any agreement you come up with.

I'm honestly not interested in GMs being anymore involved than they already are or coming up with new rules that we're bound to indefinitely, hence our position. Sometimes circumstances change and you need to be flexible. At the rate things have been, Dolj will break the agreement and TMO will end up getting disbanded for it.

Also, as your rules are written, there is nothing stopping me (or any other guild, for that matter) from inviting a few people from Class-R, making a couple more officers and calling myself a whole new guild and breaking it free and clear. Or, create an alt guild to break it.

And, if you make it so that every guild has to oblige to the agreement, it's no longer a player agreement it's a staff-mandate. If a new guild were to form with a bunch of randoms from a few other guilds, let's call it <Transatlantic>, and kill an OoA, you're back up shit's creek with your agreement. Or, if <Transatlantic> were a legit new guild and wanted to come to sky to kill an OoA, they'd have to request to be put in rotation at the end of the list (if we went the rotation route) or have to be guaranteed a sky day/time for YNYD.

I'm interested in more nobles, you're interested in more nobles. Until you can come up with something better, you'll have to take me at my word - which so far has a pretty strong credibility when it comes to sky - there are several guild leaders that can confirm that. Like I said earlier, you should shift the focus away from TMO who never broke the agreement to begin with.

Also, thanks for the kind word, Jpet.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

I think we have all experienced the crappiness of the 200 person click fest enough to ease up on the Staff intervention when it comes to this agreement

The reason it was put in there was bc the previous agreement had zero teeth to it so one measly bad day could result in the end of a harmonious agreement bc of 1 guild. We just wanted to make sure the guild that thinks about breaking this maybe thinks twice if the punishment was severe enough.

We are past that tho, its been a while and maybe the time off has lessened the urgency to make sure the offending guild is punished but rather get more Noble spawns for the server.