Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true, considering how fast xp is right now there really needs to be xp loss on pvp death these days or something equal to it
This still doesn't fix the problem. I would roll a caster get him to 12, bind on the spawn point and see if he gets eaten by whatever mob I am going for. At that point it doesn't matter if I delevel to 5.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it just favors making people play alts because their mains are now camped out next to the mob.
I take it you don't like that strategy, but I'd still lump it under mobilization speed.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

I understand you guys don't want to mass recruit because you get a bunch of shitty players in doing that. I respect that, my guild on blue used to be very selective as well but in order to keep up with everyone else you just have to make it easier to get in and teach your recruits to be good players. Think of it as a baseball farm system, bring prospects up through the minors, treat them well and they will become good & loyal players for your team.
Adding variance won't fix it and if you aren't prepared to do that then your current situation will remain.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This still doesn't fix the problem. I would roll a caster get him to 12, bind on the spawn point and see if he gets eaten by whatever mob I am going for. At that point it doesn't matter if I delevel to 5.
+ a log parser that texts you when the mob shows up - shit ain't even cheating.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take it you don't like that strategy, but I'd still lump it under mobilization speed.
I don't like any of the bullshit that takes place on blue. I'm just trying to let you guys know what will happen if you cry for variance then end up getting it.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Orc

To an outsider, meaning a player who has been here a while and isn't in the raid scene, this whole thread just sounds like a bunch of children yelling. I know shits classic, but if anything has an effect on the population its all the childishness.

Holo, should not be forced to compromise their recruitment strategy. That's not even enforceable. Perhaps they need little more control over their members, and some more mature leaders. Those two things will decrease the chance of being punished for breaking rules, and keep them form engaging in petition quest.

AZ doesn't need to recruit more or even compromise their elitist attitude. They need better strategy and more patients, because playing petition quest isn't the answer for damn sure.

Here is my suggestion to AZ. Build better alliances...

Bat phone the folks that share your hate for the zerg. Use that combined strength to compete with Holo. If you can win a force LnS against Holo, you have won one fight and its on to the next.

Your allies should be fully aware that once Holo is down and out, they will still have to compete for the raid target.

You can't just force your enemies into disbanding their guild because you don't want to recruit the same way they do. That is retarded.

We don't need more rules! We don't need more petitions! You guys got to understand that Sirken has been bending over backwards to help the server out, and he is not trying to fire shots at anyone.

Sirken, you had the right idea but it may have been a bit sloppy on the delivery.

I'll try to polish if I may: Holo, you are recruiting a little more than you can handle. I think you are getting punished, because you can't communicate to members the proper way to compete for raids under the LnS and PnP. AZ, find a different strategy because you can't tell Holo how to recruit or win 60v20 60v30 or billionVfew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing, get the fuck out of here with the notion that twinks killing noobs (and groups) in rags is pvp.
No! LnS bitches, Norrath is big enough and twinks will always happen. Unless you want level req. on gear. That shit is not classic.

People are going to play red and grow neck beards if they have the will to do so. You want more bluebies, then play nice. The people who jump onto red and get all griefy with out even reading the rules thread just don't have red blood in their hearts. I can't even count the number of times I've heard "what is LnS?" in ooc. I've even had tells after explaining LnS that "sounds like is too much work" or "i don't know where else to lvl". Sorry red is not for you then. That's not "get off my server". Its just "sorry learn to deal or I can't help you".
Last edited by laowllol; 02-04-2015 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: grammar + clarity
Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by laowllol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No! LnS bitches, Norrath is big enough and twinks will always happen. Unless you want level req. on gear. That shit is not classic.

People are going to play red and grow neck beards if they have the will to do so. You want more bluebies play nice. The people who jump onto red and get all griefy with out even reading the rules thread just don't have red blood in their hearts. I can't even count the number of times I've heard "what is LnS in ooc". I've even had tells after explaining LnS that "sounds like is too much work" or "i don't know where else to lvl". Sorry red is not for you then. That not get off my server, its just sorry learn to deal or I can't help you.
No what? I'm not sure what your objecting to.

Yes, LnS works fine for prevent getting corpse camped. That's not the issues. Clearly, you've never had a fungi twink wipe your group in MM then follow you to Unrest and gank you there all soley for the purpose of preventing people from playing the game.

At low levels a fungi alone is an almost insurmountable hurdle for players in rags let alone high end hp gear, weapons, resistances, buffs and at times oor healers.

PvP is fun. Some of the best times I've had play EQ in a long time involved my rags group forcing another out of unrest yard because they were taking too many of our mobs. The difference is they could fight back.

I wish someone would do an analysis of total dps and dmg potential of casters at low levels as compared to twinks. I doubt my poor Necro could have even killed an afk twink before mid twenties.

The point is, twinks griefing naked players isn't even remote fair and when it has no other point than preventing people from playing the game it's harmful to the community and should be called out as such, not defended as some of these clowns attempt to.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 02-04-2015 at 06:50 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
I understand you guys don't want to mass recruit because you get a bunch of shitty players in doing that. I respect that, my guild on blue used to be very selective as well but in order to keep up with everyone else you just have to make it easier to get in and teach your recruits to be good players. Think of it as a baseball farm system, bring prospects up through the minors, treat them well and they will become good & loyal players for your team.
Adding variance won't fix it and if you aren't prepared to do that then your current situation will remain.
<3

Actually did learn a lot from you guys. Great guys all around.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Banned

xx
Old 02-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow one character server transfer from blue to red, red will thrive
Closed Thread