Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think lies should be a suspension

Got prof?

Or lyin about someone lyin should also be a suspension
naw.

just wondering.

lets forget guild tags.

say a random person called LNS when they got attacked to try and avoid PVP.

what should that random person's punishment be. Also, how could you actually prove they had not been killed prior to you attacking them. Leaderboard cant be considered a legitimate source because it can be manipulated by the owner.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

I don't have any problems with the current system and haven't had any run ins with "the law" myself over it.

I'm not sure what's hard to figure out unless you are absolutely hell bent on corpse camping people until they call LNS (.... why) or care so much about not calling LNS (....why) that you'd avoid calling it on a corpse run where you want to leave the zone after. I think its time to analyze the situations people are creating that cause the problem rather than rule lawyer it.

Just kill someone, let them loot their shit and move on.

My advice for coming to grips with the current system is learn some sportsmanship whether you are killed or killed someone else.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think lies should be a suspension

Got prof?

Or lyin about someone lyin should also be a suspension
Once again, I agree, but such investigations take a lot of time and effort. Realistically, the GMs can't investigate every claim, and are bound to make mistakes or have insufficient evidence from time to time. I don't think p1999 has the budget for full server logging, either, further complicating matters.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what should that random person's punishment be. Also, how could you actually prove they had not been killed prior to you attacking them. Leaderboard cant be considered a legitimate source because it can be manipulated by the owner.
You think the GMs go check the player made leaderboards when deciding on whether or not to suspend someone. I think this guy might actually be retarded.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Banned

If you are attacking people within an hour of calling LNS in the zone you called it from, or you are sitting on someone's corpse not letting them get it (whether they called LNS or not) take a minute and figure out why you're such an angsty, belligerent person. Maybe the answer will come to you and you can finally move forward with learning how to constructively socialize with people.

My 2cp.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My advice for coming to grips with the current system is learn some sportsmanship whether you are killed or killed someone else.
Fantastic advice, but sadly not something we can force the playerbase to do. If cheating, griefing, corpse-camping, LNS abuse, etc are possible, we have to assume some players will do it.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

If they want to soil their reputation so be it
Old 12-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

This retarded lawyerquest on red about LnS needs to go
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think its time to analyze the situations people are creating that cause the problem rather than rule lawyer it.
this is exactly what im trying to do... im not tryin to get in an argument or anything.

this is a situation someone created in game that i never would have considered until i saw the leaderboard after i killed him.

trying to use the LNS rule to get out of being killed, when he had no grounds to call LNS in the first place.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This retarded lawyerquest on red about LnS needs to go
The people causing said problems will continue to receive longer and longer suspensions.

Sounds like a good solution to me.

If your guild mate is being retarded? Don't get involved with their bull shit. Tell them to log or do something in another zone for an hour if they got killed.

On the other hand, tell them not to kill someone who just called LNS instead of encouraging it and giggling along or w/e.

Real hard, I know.
Closed Thread