Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sory mate but you sound like a sad cow lost in the wind, get a life mate. there is more to life the playing a game so in the mean time find a god damn hobby , when the server returns all is good . RIGHT???

hahaha
Says the boy who cant even troll properly lol. How can you fail so horribly at something even Finawin is good at... it's beyond me.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep

There will be a place (most likeley NFP like its now) where everybody will meet if global ooc (+auction) is off.

But i didnt want to turn this thread into the next ooc debate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meet, yes...but no one is going to sit there /shouting their shit for hours on end like kids did in 1999. It won't happen.

Shutting off ooc can be done by going into options, filters, and selecting "hide" for out of character. Problem solved.

You can use /shout if you want zonewide chat to keep your vagina from bleeding people.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meet, yes...but no one is going to sit there /shouting their shit for hours on end like kids did in 1999. It won't happen.
Are you stupid or just trolling ?

What you are saying won't happen is exactly what would happen if global ooc was removed. If you need an item and you don't have time to group/raid, you will just log in your alt and park him in ec auctioning semi afk.

And for the record, I don't lean one way or the other.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd like to know more about what the new host will provide in terms of tangible benefits to the server and its players from the dev(s).

I'd like those benefits presented in the form of a bulleted list in no particular order of importance or emphasis. I think lists like those are really effective, and would get me more excited about what lies ahead for the server than a regular old numbered list.

Or if someone impersonated a dev and made a nice .ppt, and placed a link for download in this thread. I like it when the text slides into frame from the right...that always sends murmers through the boardroom.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot wait for the server to return, i was playing PEQ for a bit...and my god is it lame compared to P99...IMO, even though both are blessings for all. Still p99, i cannot wait to ravish you!! i dont care how rediculous this sounds but i am gunna push for a IB Befallen raid!! jus to get her all warmed up ! /dance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zilo,

I just farmed you SCHW and venomous axe of the brood. Oh well, gave it to aerken to pass on to deeze. I'll still help you out if you wanna come onto peq. You're a crippled ranger....you need all the help you can get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Server-wide /ooc and /auc is a convenience, and as such it will have many supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shutting off ooc can be done by going into options, filters, and selecting "hide" for out of character. Problem solved.
You missed the point. We do not simply want to "shut off ooc". Changing it from server-wide to zone-wide will change the environment of the server itself, and THAT is what people are after.

Quote:
You can use /shout if you want zonewide chat to keep your vagina from bleeding people.
Stop trolling
Last edited by Bones; 04-12-2010 at 08:40 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to know more about what the new host will provide in terms of tangible benefits to the server and its players from the dev(s).
I agree - I am not as computer savvy as I thought I am, or in comparison to the others on this forum, but I would still get excited like a school girl while I wait for friday!

Quote:
I'd like those benefits presented in the form of a bulleted list in no particular order of importance or emphasis. I think lists like those are really effective, and would get me more excited about what lies ahead for the server than a regular old numbered list.
/nod

Quote:
Or if someone impersonated a dev and made a nice .ppt, and placed a link for download in this thread. I like it when the text slides into frame from the right...that always sends murmers through the boardroom.

I LOL'ed! (But everyone knows Fade in is the best... it's like it appears out of nowhere! )
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

i think the serverwide /ooc was activated on emu due to the low population on each server. doesnt apply to P99 (anymore) so its time to disactive it, same with auction.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think the serverwide /ooc was activated on emu due to the low population on each server. doesnt apply to P99 (anymore) so its time to disactive it, same with auction.
I wouldn't mind - but the community would have to find a way to come together in a single location. (IE EC Tunnel). What's weird is back in the day, on Xev server... the selling spot was Kelethin. In retrospec I don't fully understand why, but I did have fun setting up shops in those empty huts. Either way, this should be a thread in itself, and not here derailing the main subject - welcoming back P99 on Friday (You guys were missed... severely!)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

another solution would be the activation of bazaar and appropriate druid/wiz ports
Closed Thread