Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At anyrate, you've proven once again, you missed the point and dont really understand what your talking about.
Keep making yourself look stupid.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*sigh* you've obviously been playing World of Warcraft too long, because their combat system works similarly to what you're describing. Mobs in that game do scale better in all aspects to the level of the character. Newsflash tho... This != WoW

My memory is damn good, and I remember my newbie skills being terrible. Hey, guess what people who twinked used to bitch about all the time back in the day? Surely not how bad their newbie skills suck.

Put it this way, if your skill is not above 100, Count on it Failing or Missing a Lot, and get on with your life. Or Quit, there's always that option?
Yes, I too remember having a high miss rate, however I know for a fact that it did not prevent me from farming gnoll guardsmen in blackburrow at this level. Its how I got to a high enough level to go to west Karana and farm bandits for their sashes and buy bronze and some FS armor on live.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont recall crying about it, I remember bringing up what I feel is a legitimate problem, and then being whined at by an 31337357 prick who has no working memory of anything except high end content. As soon as I finish the time travel device im building I'll be sure to go back in time, and get some actual pictures from back then detailing the hit/miss ration.. Yeah... Other than that. the only thing the devs really have to go off of is how the players feel, and what they remember.

Also, i believe that I said, was that the level 1 skelly should have about 5000 hps, and you shouldnt be using any other skills that you wouldnt normally have at level one... Just your offense and weapons skill at 255, with armor and a weapon that you could also have at level 1... Also, you clearly missed the point of everything I was trying to say with the example. Although perhaps giving the skelly a 5% miss rate and a 5% hit rate was a little generous... At anyrate, you've proven once again, you missed the point and dont really understand what your talking about.
What is the definition of Irony?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Yes, I too remember having a high miss rate, however I know for a fact that it did not prevent me from farming gnoll guardsmen in blackburrow at this level. Its how I got to a high enough level to go to west Karana and farm bandits for their sashes and buy bronze and some FS armor on live.
You're missing the point.

1. This is not Live.
2. A couple hundred other melee classes are already in the process of leveling or lvl50. If this was an issue, it would be known.

Please go away?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point.

1. This is not Live.
2. A couple hundred other melee classes are already in the process of leveling or lvl50. If this was an issue, it would be known.

Please go away?
1. Its supposed to be as close to classic as possible. Im giving my input to make that possible, You should appreciate it.
2. Some of em are bitching, some of em are past the point where it matters, and some of em dont care enough about it to post on the forums, if you've not noticed, its not like the population on the server is exploding exponentially, it is growing though, and as more people join and figgure out how to use the forums, more will probably care enough to post since they'll be starting out at level 1. I can only hope you people arent as rude to them.
3. If you dont like the thread, have the decency to stay out of it.

As far as the definition of irony goes, it doesnt apply there. I gave a specific set of circumstances to attempt to test something under, and of course they were ignored, which invalidated the entire point of the test. The results your going to get over such a small data sample are prone to being wrong, and unless you've got a mob with artificially high HPS for a level 50 to beat on, your never going to get the properly view the results on the skills.. If you cant understand that, you dont need to be in the discussion.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 05-19-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Old 05-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Actually, I remember it much the same was as President.

Lower level toons miss more on greens than high level toons do on reds. The skill score has to do not just with your ability to hit mobs close to your level, but to hit PERIOD. That's the way I remember it.

It's also why I never leveled a melee or even hybrid class on live without PLing it. I got frustrated with all the misses. Right, wrong, good, or bad, that's the way it was.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
1. Its supposed to be as close to classic as possible. Im giving my input to make that possible, You should appreciate it.
2. Some of em are bitching, some of em are past the point where it matters, and some of em dont care enough about it to post on the forums, if you've not noticed, its not like the population on the server is exploding exponentially, it is growing though, and as more people join and figgure out how to use the forums, more will probably care enough to post since they'll be starting out at level 1. I can only hope you people arent as rude to them.
3. If you dont like the thread, have the decency to stay out of it.

As far as the definition of irony goes, it doesnt apply there. I gave a specific set of circumstances to attempt to test something under, and of course they were ignored, which invalidated the entire point of the test. The results your going to get over such a small data sample are prone to being wrong, and unless you've got a mob with artificially high HPS for a level 50 to beat on, your never going to get the properly view the results on the skills.. If you cant understand that, you dont need to be in the discussion.
we're only rude to you because you're obviously too stupid to see you're arguing a pointless and baseless point.

I only say baseless because you have yet to provide a single parse. Download EQWatcher or something, and Parse a few days worth of you fighting greens and blues, email a copy of your parses to the proper recipients. If you want something done, do this, and gtfo imo

edit: and I said Days. not 1 or 2 fights. That is no proof of an issue at all.
Last edited by Desert; 05-19-2010 at 05:51 PM..
Old 05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
we're only rude to you because you're obviously too stupid to see you're arguing a pointless and baseless point.

I only say baseless because you have yet to provide a single parse. Download EQWatcher or something, and Parse a few days worth of you fighting greens and blues, email a copy of your parses to the proper recipients. If you want something done, do this, and gtfo imo
I'll leave that to someone with the time and energy to do it correctly, with a parser, and EQWatcher or something.. Im not really interested in the actual miss % that im currently experiencing, I just know its high enough to prevent me from doing what I used to do on live, and I'd like to see someone with the skills and ability to do something about it check it out. If you dont like the thread, why do you keep coming back?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I remember it much the same was as President.

Lower level toons miss more on greens than high level toons do on reds. The skill score has to do not just with your ability to hit mobs close to your level, but to hit PERIOD. That's the way I remember it.

It's also why I never leveled a melee or even hybrid class on live without PLing it. I got frustrated with all the misses. Right, wrong, good, or bad, that's the way it was.
Not arguing that lower level toons miss more, Im just saying the actual rate of misses for the lower level characters is off... There's no reason I shouldnt be able to do here, what I used to do on live, back in 1999 when the game first came out and I first played a warrior if the server is trying to be as accurate as possible.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'll leave that to someone with the time and energy to do it correctly, with a parser, and EQWatcher or something.. Im not really interested in the actual miss % that im currently experiencing, I just know its high enough to prevent me from doing what I used to do on live, and I'd like to see someone with the skills and ability to do something about it check it out. If you dont like the thread, why do you keep coming back?
If you don't have the time or desire to prove you're correct, why the fuck do you care?

Don't you think the Devs have enough on their plate? Step up and do it yourself, or Shut up.
Closed Thread