Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Irulan, Texas's mystique of the male is more Hollywood driven than anything. Here it boils down to say what you mean, mean what you say, and learn to sweat.
I'm tracking with your assertion here. And for a lot of little cucklings it's fine. No big deal. No extremism or excessive violence. Normally.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Irulan, Texas's mystique of the male is more Hollywood driven than anything. Here it boils down to say what you mean, mean what you say, and learn to sweat.
I've met men from elsewhere in America. With the exception of Colorado and Utah, they all have subpar grip strength. They're not sending their best. I'd start building the wall immediatley if it were up to me
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Banned

Fat woman sits outside bar screeching about unwillingness to submit to husband I claw her eyes out
Old 05-19-2018, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm tracking with your assertion here. And for a lot of little cucklings it's fine. No big deal. No extremism or excessive violence. Normally.
Don't get too prissy now.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:22 AM
Banned

@melon tochinoshin is gonna win! white like filbis and gonna be yokozuna!
Old 05-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Banned

Very interesting self-reflective article about the upper 9.9% percent (discluding the top .01).

Quote:
Jay Gatsby might have understood. Life in West Egg is never as serene as it seems. The Princeton man—that idle prince of leisure who coasts from prep school to a life of ease—is an invention of our lowborn ancestors. It’s what they thought they saw when they were looking up. West Eggers understand very well that a bad move or an unlucky break (or three or four) can lead to a steep descent. We know just how expensive it is to live there, yet living off the island is unthinkable. We have intuited one of the fundamental paradoxes of life on the Gatsby Curve: The greater the inequality, the less your money buys.

We feel in our bones that class works only for itself; that every individual is dispensable; that some of us will be discarded and replaced with fresh blood. This insecurity of privilege only grows as the chasm beneath the privileged class expands. It is the restless engine that drives us to invest still more time and energy in the walls that will keep us safe by keeping others out.
Perhaps the best evidence for the power of an aristocracy is the degree of resentment it provokes. By that measure, the 9.9 percent are doing pretty well indeed.

Here’s another fact of life in West Egg: Someone is always above you. In Gatsby’s case, it was the old-money people of East Egg. In the Colonel’s case, it was John D. Rockefeller Jr. You’re always trying to please them, and they’re always ready to pull the plug.

The source of the trouble, considered more deeply, is that we have traded rights for privileges. We’re willing to strip everyone, including ourselves, of the universal right to a good education, adequate health care, adequate representation in the workplace, genuinely equal opportunities, because we think we can win the game. But who, really, in the end, is going to win this slippery game of escalating privileges?
This is interesting to me as I've stopped sitting on my ass reading and playing games since my expungement went through. I reminded of what a pain in the ass it is to be above average.

No amount of security I can amass will change my mind about the necessity of a more dignified and firmer bottom of the economy. With better workers rights, wages, educational and advancement opportunity.

Edit:

The author doesn't understand modern anti-intellectualism. Few intellectuals do. It's not about abandoning reason. It's about opposing the intellectual authority that certain institutions and individuals espouse because of consensus...we know that University consensus on certain issues is kind of like a politburo consensus where everyone is supposed to support the most prestigious men in the room. We know that think tanks are funded to come up with arguments and information that support a certain predetermined viewpoint (generally libertarian or "centrist"). We may not know exactly why these two groups are wrong, but there is a strong and almost certainly correct sense that they often are. That is Anti-intellectualism since the turn of the millennium.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-19-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Old 05-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogappa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
literally anyone can earn a $60k salary using only the knowledge they gained from installing pirated games and the literacy they earned by doing runescape scams. literally anyone can go to university on credit or for free.

smashing your head against a wall & then lamenting that not every human has a monkeybot bound to their back to grab their forehead & save their heads from themselfs is really stupid and i just dont get it. hope u follow the law this time.
Half of all jobs in the U.S. pay 30K a year or less. You don't seem to understand that everyone did exactly what you are doing, it would pay a lot less. Enjoy your little niche while it lasts.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogappa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ppl who are 40 years old and can't figure out how to earn more than $30k a year in the United States do not love their loved ones. If they are not pitiably damaged in capability then they are reprobates. unsurprisingly, the reprobates want to unionize, pick up guns, and rape and rob me & my friends.
If you obviously don't a give shit about them, why should they give one shit about you?
Old 05-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Banned

its more like taking back what was stolen, but whatever.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Banned

It works until it doesn't. That's the thing about long term problems. They don't manifest overnight.
Closed Thread