Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Well are we talking about end game groups, or all the way from level 5-60.

Enchanters at level 30 play a whole lot differently than an enchanter in a level 60 group, but then again in a level 60 group are you exping or just going for fat lewts?

How bout this then, in a groups, all the way from the start of groups around level 5 up to level 60, who is the most valuable class?

Clerics don't really start to shine until cheal, druids and shamans can fill the cleric spot up till then no problem.

Monks don't really have much on warriors / sk / pal in the 5-50 range imo.

Warriors are always a solid pick from 5-60 in any group.

Enchanters kind of feel like dead weight until the mid 20's and 30+

Bard's can start being really awesome in their 20's.

Rogues are ok melee but don't start to shine DPS wise until they get decked out with gear, and hit the higher levels....

groups from 5-50 are totally different than 55-60 groups, in terms of their individual class abilities.

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd have to dig through a mountain of backup logs, but I've definitely outparsed horse pets on sky raids.Think those things are tad meaner than what you'd find in a Seb group. Anyways, I agree. 3 enchanters would be amazing. Good luck finding them vs a couple of rogues. Comparable DPS anyways.
Nowadays it isn't that hard because they don't dual wield. Back in the day it would be extremely hard to imagine unless it was a 20s fight and you got lucky with duellist and avatar or whatnot.

GOD I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nonsense
A L25 enchanter can go to mistmoore, charm a backstabbing rogue pet, and watch mobs HP bar drop by 25% on incoming. On my twink monk I grouped with one and we were clearing the pond, tunnel, GY, and part of a pit as a trio.

And 1-25 takes like 2 weeks if that, so who cares anyway.

GOING BACK TO WORK FOR REAL
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nowadays it isn't that hard because they don't dual wield. Back in the day it would be extremely hard to imagine unless it was a 20s fight and you got lucky with duellist and avatar or whatnot.

GOD I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK
Was way before that nerf.

Omg I'm a fire giant.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-03-2014 at 03:08 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd have to dig through a mountain of backup logs, but I've definitely outparsed horse pets on sky raids.Think those things are tad meaner than what you'd find in a Seb group. Anyways, I agree. 3 enchanters would be amazing. Good luck finding them vs a couple of rogues. Comparable DPS anyways.
Can those quad?

NM: Splorf answered
Old 02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I want this group more often.

Monk
Rogue
Rogue
Epic Bard
Shaman
Cleric
p much my fav grp
Old 02-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think a Mage and an Enchanter would be equally effective as the 6th man in those groups. None. Edit: my god, you even suggested a wizard could replace an enchanter. Its hard to imagine you have ever even played this game before.

See, my thing is all 6-man groups are boring and bad xp because there just aren't enough mobs. If those guys are all 60, you're looking at Bard(25) Rogue (85) Rogue (85) Monk (70) Enchanter (100) = 365 dps. That's enough to kill a Krup knight in 20 seconds.

My favorite group is [monk or warrior depending on the situation]/sham/enc. I bet I could hold down most of the chef/bar area with that trio.

Pre 40+ sure a wizard / mage can replace an enchanter. Mage has sustained DPS, a backstabbing pet for groups, and even in high levels can pump clerics with mod rods.

And as for wizard's, sure why not? They have their place in groups for sure. On big pulls, the burst DPS is pretty cool for putting mobs down fast. The point I was trying to make, is that the 6th position really doesn't matter, and its all just a bonus rounding out the core of the group.

And I couldn't agree more on the 6 man groups, even when I was leveling up my warrior, I usually preferred to just roll with a druid buddy, or a cleric friend, or a shaman friend, and just duo it up.

Duo > 3-6 man groups... Every time, 6 man group exp is so very very painful lol.

and if we are going to talk about ridiculous group builds, like 3 enchanters and a cleric, well fuck, why not just 6 mages in a group? I wonder if 6 level 60 mages could take down vox / naggy if there weren't guilds pressuring to get the kill lol... I think they'd give the dragons a good run for their money.

Yep, that's my preferred 6 man group, 6 mages.

Side note, when dark ascension was pushing hard in plane of sky prior to kunark release, we were all level 50, and the key to our success in downing server firsts and EQ all time vanilla firsts, was spamming mage pets lol.... The rest of the raid on efreeti (I think that's his name) was pretty much irrelevant, we tried chain cheal's but tanks died too fast, it all ended up boiling down to people hopping on their mages and spamming the fuck out of their OP pets hahaha.

Mages ftw!!

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

You heard it here, folks. Mod rods > c/c2. Wizard DPS > charmed pet DPS.

Even wizard burst, the one thing they almost have going for them, is overrated, because you can't burst mobs without pulling aggro off the tank (or probably breaking root and also pulling aggro). I guess if you want to limit the situation to snared, sub-51 mobs where the wizard is already at max casting range so that he doesn't lose 1/2 of his theoretical burn DPS trying to kite... then sure. Wizards can burst 1 thing down then need to med up for 7 minutes.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-03-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

In a mistmoore pool group I'd rather have the bard. it seems they can pull the whole pool/corridor area in one go and lock it down ready for killing with aoe mez!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
See, my thing is all 6-man groups are boring and bad xp because there just aren't enough mobs. If those guys are all 60, you're looking at Bard(25) Rogue (85) Rogue (85) Monk (70) Enchanter (100) = 365 dps. That's enough to kill a Krup knight in 20 seconds.

My favorite group is [monk or warrior depending on the situation]/sham/enc. I bet I could hold down most of the chef/bar area with that trio.
I agree 100% with Loraen here. 6 man groups are boring and are bad exp. You can definitely hold down chef/bar with that trio. I've done it grouped with a monk and a druid, all sub level 60 with a mix of planar gear and BIS tradeables.
Closed Thread