Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

I haven't been on server long, but it seems most KSing goes unpunished unless it's a raid boss/ninja looted raid item

Entire guild of Galactica was KSing my mobs in south karana, and GM basically said their guild is entitled to freely KS me because they were in the zone before me
Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't been on server long, but it seems most KSing goes unpunished unless it's a raid boss/ninja looted raid item
That's because the server community is so good outside of raids that KSing virtually doesn't happen. I had all of one dispute in leveling three characters to 45+. If people can take care of themselves and play nice, there's not much to enforce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because the server community is so good outside of raids that KSing virtually doesn't happen. I had all of one dispute in leveling three characters to 45+. If people can take care of themselves and play nice, there's not much to enforce.
That was certainly true in my experience. I recall KSing as a frequent annoyance in XP areas on live during classic/Kunark. Here, I saw bards monopolizing zones once in a while (which I never once saw in the classic/Kunark timeframe on live), but almost no KSing at all.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was certainly true in my experience. I recall KSing as a frequent annoyance in XP areas on live during classic/Kunark. Here, I saw bards monopolizing zones once in a while (which I never once saw in the classic/Kunark timeframe on live), but almost no KSing at all.
I'd have to agree with this. In all the time I've played here I've only ever had a couple KS issues and they were resolved without GM intervention.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's almost as if this Tankdan fella has a rich history of inviting people to grief him or that his stories are wildly innacurate or straight-up untrue.

Hmmmmmm........

Mmmmmm......

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-24-2014, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 05-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

I quad Seafuries occasionally with Nougat, and haven't had an issue. I also try to be considerate. I understand it can be frustrating for other players to run around for 5 minutes to tag that third or fourth Seafury. When I can't find that 3rd or 4th soon enough, I'll burn what I have. I haven't yet been KSd, in fact I've been incredibly impressed with how considerate the other players can be as well.

I've tagged a mob to have a necro lifetap it afterwards, he then feigned death and /say "sorry for that". If I tag with my temp flux, I feel that mob is mine. I too feel there may be more to your story.

I also avoid peak hours when I can, as there is very little profit for anyone then. I'll quest the rubies I had found during quieter hours in the Swamp for a chance at a hoop. It also has only turned a profit for me over vendoring rubies. Highly recommended.

Players have been mature and polite as of late on Seafury isle. The gem profit is quite great, but at 52 I can gain about 2-3% a quad. It's slow going, but that is a considerable exp gain. There are better exp spots, but those gems man! Don't bother the GMs for losing a Seafury to a killsteal. Also kite your mobs as far around other players as possible. It can make other players uncomfortable for you to kite over them.

Just play nice. Wizards should feel welcome to kite on Seafury island. Shamans, necros and even some monks are far more efficient at it anyhow. Cobalt Scar will be great for us, if it isn't quite as high traffic as Seafury :P
Last edited by Meiva; 05-24-2014 at 09:03 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of hypocrisy in this thread. Like someone else stated when a new player to the server comes to complain about a bard kiting an entire mid level zone where people are legit trying to XP the masses come out and crucify that person. Also, everyone's quick to jump on a wizard kiting like they are not supposed to use the one class defining skill they have?
Druids tho? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

People don't invite druids or wizards to high-end dungeon camps. They can deal with them quadding seafuries.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't invite druids or wizards to high-end dungeon camps. They can deal with them quadding seafuries.
I feel much worse for druids than anything. At least wizzies have chardok pulls for insane exp and money, and are semi wanted in raids and highly sought after in velious. Druids can uh..... sow and uh...... semi decent power level.....
Closed Thread