Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's kind of cute how Daldaen leaves the one change that would adversely affect him off his list: spellbook when medding
Have you seen the man's level of advocating for classic UIs? It is a subset.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's kind of cute how Daldaen leaves the one change that would adversely affect him off his list: spellbook when medding
You realize thats a non issue for anyone 35+, right?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
this guy is clueless - Dald is so classic he meds with the book open on ALL his characters

Its so fucking annoying - you try to trade him water or vendor crap while hes sitting and get message "Too busy" bc he has book open when he meds.

Even tho you just need to sit.

FFS
Old 08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Skeleton

Bottom line guys - it's like the business "golden rule" who owns the gold makes the rules. P1999 is their game, their server they can change the rules and the game as they see fit. Think of ourselves as guest - we are after all playing on a free server. Don't like the changes - don't play here.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing would invoke the QQ like adding a required spellbook during /meditate (at least on a new/recycled server, where all the casters were sub-35).

Edit: Mouse wheel isn't a big deal, you can get a decent 3rd person view pressing f9 (or camera change) button twice, then using the pitch/zoom binds to get a good angle on your character. (I use j/k for this, both double bound, so j can zoom out and pitch up, while k does the opposite - a necessity after moving most my play to a laptop with no mouse).
Scroll-wheel zoom is different from F9 3rd person views not because it's easier (tapping F9 is not even slightly difficult, lol), but because it keeps your facing/movement tied to mouse-look. For travelling, for kiting, and sometimes for pulling, F9 views that let you look around without changing your direction are vastly superior. For dealing with a complex melee situation as a tank the scroll-wheel 3rd-person is very nice as it lets you get a different field of view without changing your character controls. The scroll-wheel 3rd-person view's greatest value is that it does different things well than the classic F9 views.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scroll wheel - i play first person. Would not affect me. However, so many play 3rd person now. This one may be good for recycled server.
H
The more you differentiate the recycle server from the blue and red servers, the better. That server has the potential to be the classic museum that blue/red can't be without a lot of complaints.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scroll-wheel zoom is different from F9 3rd person views not because it's easier (tapping F9 is not even slightly difficult, lol), but because it keeps your facing/movement tied to mouse-look. For travelling, for kiting, and sometimes for pulling, F9 views that let you look around without changing your direction are vastly superior. For dealing with a complex melee situation as a tank the scroll-wheel 3rd-person is very nice as it lets you get a different field of view without changing your character controls. The scroll-wheel 3rd-person view's greatest value is that it does different things well than the classic F9 views.
wrong...

hitting f9 twice and zooming out is the same thing as mouse scroll EXCEPT when using f9 you can change the camera along the y axis, which is kind of annoying when using mouselook to move while in 3rd person.

do people not realize Titanium was made for the TENTH EQ expansion... this client makes classic way easier
Old 08-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So I saw this post, and chuckled to myself thinking "If only this guy knew I only med with my spell book". Then I scrolled down and saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this guy is clueless - Dald is so classic he meds with the book open on ALL his characters

Its so fucking annoying - you try to trade him water or vendor crap while hes sitting and get message "Too busy" bc he has book open when he meds.

Even tho you just need to sit.

FFS
Hahahaha. Oh the salt from people trying to trade with me while I meditate. I got conditioned to do it during classic and never changed. Even when I played live around 2011-2012 at level 90-95, I medded with spell book open every time. The only characters I had a Sit/Stand button accessible on were those who had FD. Everyone else only had the Spellbook button accessible.

I would love if the classic UI were in, including blindness while meditating.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-10-2015 at 01:00 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

That feature goes away after like level 20 or 30 or 35 even in classic.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That feature goes away after like level 20 or 30 or 35 even in classic.
For spellbook, I remember going away at 35.
Closed Thread