Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Why have you quit?
Dwindling Population 73 30.93%
Lack of GM Communication / Followthrough on Various Issues 55 23.31%
Shortage of Quality GM's 37 15.68%
Missing Commonly Requested Features (Global OOC, LeaderBoard, Yellow Text, etc) 46 19.49%
Tired of Red 99 Playerbase 50 21.19%
To Long of a Grind 61 25.85%
Lack of End Game Content / Objectives 15 6.36%
Other (Specify) 25 10.59%
I still Play 84 35.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Don't play as much anymore because I can find more PVP on minesweeper than I can on server
Yea, no doubt, Server went kinda "purple99". Might be soonish slaughtered by Blue.
Last edited by Chett; 03-19-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this

blue diamonds still in the game (lol)

main developer clearly doesn't give a shit

why should anyone else?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't play as much anymore because I can find more PVP on minesweeper than I can on server
I love how most of the people saying this are people like Heartbrand who constantly gate from 1v1's. You only want more pvp if it's a guaranteed victory for you.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did not read thread.

However, a lesson in GM transparency: the dragon loot Rogean tried to track down nearly a month ago (in this thread http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=66246) still hasn't been removed.
Pretty sure Nihilum's loot has been removed, at least that's what the guild was told. Has Holo's loot not been removed?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Nihilum's loot has been removed, at least that's what the guild was told. Has Holo's loot not been removed?
You're being fed lies, bro. Bladestopper still on Keto, I still have Treasure Hunter's Satchel, and gauntlets got traded to Natural, so they are probably in dat RMT land.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resist system was it for me.

It effectively took out the run and joust in group pvp that really separates skill level and what made classic pvp so interesting.

Anyone being rooted and herp derp zerged without any timing skills is horrible.
This is a very valid point, but I think Null is going to be adjusting the resists here (as per our mutual blood oath with the old Verant gods).

I don't think this necessarily has to be a negative "ship is sinking" type of thread if we extract points from it and see what can be done to improve or fix any universal problems.

The server is a lot less bleak if you look at this as an extended beta. It's not like 1999 EQ didn't require a ton of tweaks and patches.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a very valid point, but I think Null is going to be adjusting the resists here (as per our mutual blood oath with the old Verant gods).

I don't think this necessarily has to be a negative "ship is sinking" type of thread if we extract points from it and see what can be done to improve or fix any universal problems.

The server is a lot less bleak if you look at this as an extended beta. It's not like 1999 EQ didn't require a ton of tweaks and patches.
ya i agree, WIPE!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsjoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya i agree, WIPE!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

personally I wouldnt mind a wipe but I have friends on here that put have ALOT of time into their characters so I can't side with wiping the server.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Aviak

I stopped playing due to the oddly timed nerfs that were not retro. The l33ts go to abuse, then it was nerfed - should have just left that stuff in the way it was. If one gets to do it then everyone should.
Closed Thread