Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the majority* of players here believe classic-Velious had the right idea.

Luclin onward.. I just can't get onboard with. I played the expansions up to like omens of war. It was all right, but mostly just a big waste of my time.

I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
PRAS/\

Luclin = Not Classic
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gif by: Sidelle
Last edited by Baler; 02-14-2016 at 05:51 PM..
Old 02-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldslaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you've made so far is vague statements without any proof. You demand proof for statements that do not line up to your opinions and then call them irrelevant or outdated when they are provided.

The vision for the server was stated as far back as 2010 and, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, that vision has not changed.
No problem. Here is some evidence. Murdered on your own post.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=61

Jives with exactly what I said. That Luclin is possible with the right slaves on a char copy box and nilbog has signaled he may not be against others doing the work.

Your "hard no" you think you have, consists of a developer (Haynar), and a new guide. They won't work on it, great. nilbog won't work on it, great. The project manager has never said he wouldn't find some people to work on it next year, or another year down the line.

Show me your hard no again.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 02-14-2016 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not believe any developer on staff wants to work on recreating anything past Velious.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Pras!
Old 02-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. They have said umpteen times that Luclin will not exist. The devs don't like Luclin as an expansion.
That's alright the project manager has signaled he isn't opposed to others doing the work for him.

I'm sure he would be willing to casually oversee it if the right resumes stepped forward.

Proof. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=61

Old 02-14-2016, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Pras!
Have you heard nilbog's other statements?

Pras shit posters outside of RnF. There goes that vocal minority again. Try at least following the forum rules.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Former Guide

Only need one thread for this on the first page, thanks.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only need one thread for this on the first page, thanks.
hehe you sly dog, I hit the post button (having a bad day) and was like... what up?!?

---

Cat people are cat people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cats want to be petted all the time, keep coming back and won't take no for an answer. Want you to feed them, clean their litter box, turn your furniture into their scratching post. Chuck hair balls and barf into your bed slipper, moan and catcall all night walking up and down the hallway. Ain't even any mice to catch, just the good life in the sun beams of the window. Eat their Paté and drink their dishes of milk on a platter. And then they want to propagate on the moon, the MOON! ...in mass numbers, just because they cant resist chasing the string with even dog poop attached to it; their brains no larger than some large variety of lizard. Than LIZARDS!! Cats on the moon! Just be happy, this is classic!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ger cats and their slave people..
Old 02-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Azz, In 5+ years after staff has said another 1000 times no Luclin will you finally give up the dream?

Keep fighting the fight that 5 other people want but you're really gonna be a sad panda when the cats don't appear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither your opinion nor Nilbog/Rogeans about what does and doesn't qualify as "Classic Everquest" matters. What is and isn't Classic is subjective by definition. Obviously Nilbog/Rogean's idea of it is what we see on P99 so that's what we get cause they're in charge. Doesn't make it a fact. Beastlords fighting snakes in Ssra temple is classic as sh*t to me. In a game with 20+ expansions on live I think you can make an argument for more than the first 2 being "Classic"
wow

I think rocketships mean cars

to *me* the word rocket ship means my car.

So I dont think you can make an argument to define what an automobile is just because the vast majority of people call them cars, rocketships has always meant "cars" to me.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Banned

Id check out p2002 if you want Luclin / Pop. It isnt there yet, but from what I can tell from a glance they dont stay in an era for 5 years.
Closed Thread