Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Large Bat

Dex -> twisting....if when creating character and check Dex it says affects your missed notes....this is when you start a song - miss a note -> must try to start again (this can happen many times) -> if wish to keep three songs going u can absorb miss start or two but if u are shooting for 4 you don't want to miss notes (not enough time between stopping first and getting 4th off before restarting first again).

I like 11 x 2, Sta 8 because from all my reading on this spare time Sta is apparently one of hardest attributes to raise....I plan on pulling n Cc so the charisma is also a boon - thank you for that breakdown Minch.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Fire Giant

I've been wondering about this sort of thing myself, and I have noticed all the "go stam" advice and what not. But whats the point of going 8 stam? Lets round up and say a 50 bard gets 5hp per stam point, thats a whopping 40hp. That is less than 1 hit from a creature. Lets suppose you put all 25 points into stam at start which gives +125hp. That is like 1 attack round maybe. Am I missing something?

The argument for casters makes even less sense for me because you gain like 1-2hp per stam point at 50. So I mean when a creature can hit me for 200+ damage why do I care if I have like 20 more hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:45 AM
Kobold

the argument goes that with shammy buffs + gear STA is the hardest stat to cap. 5 of any stat doesn't really do a whole lot, but the idea is to waste as little of a shammy's buff as possible. I guess, if that makes any sense.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

i was tempted to go for cha but then i went for dex when i created my bard.

highend ull need dex and cha for songs (as mentioned in above posts) since u wont be considered as a tank nor as a real dps

low and midlvl u can actually tank stuff in groups, it depends where your focus is at..raiding or casual grouping
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Large Rat

Default Bard Starting Stats...

I used to play a bard on live back in 2001-2003 and came to the conclusion that stamina was the way to go. Although I initially put points into charisma and such when I created the character, once I got high level I never really gave much value to it. I don't recall ever being passed 150 or 160 charisma fully geared and don't remember ever having an issue with charm/mez etc.

I geared my bard almost identically to how I would gear a warrior (as did all the bards in my guild at the time) with the thought that a dead bard sings no songs.

Although that extra 10 stamina or whatever it comes out to be will not add that many HP in the end, if you follow a general trend of going for stamina/HP and AC there will be a huge difference with your overall finished product.

Even if you're not tanking as a bard, in most group and raid situations whenever there's an add, or five or six, the bard is usually the one that gets stuck with the aggro at first b/c of your songs. Having the HP and AC will keep you alive so that you can mez/charm/do whatever it is you're doing. No matter how much charisma you have, you cannot mez anything if you're dead or your songs keep getting interrupted.

Anyway, I've written enough. That's the strategy that worked for me, make of it what you will.

-Autum
Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

k playing a bard is easy, put all your entry stats into WIS, next find a tailor and get a full set of FINE SILK, dont wear plate it is BUGGED and you wont be able to attack anything EVER.

In addition, NEVER NEVER use an instrument. The client will read it as an error in the coding and your weapons will be DELETED and then all your songs will be deleted as well!

Basically just attack stuff with hand to hand when possible. And ALWAYS PLAY Jax's Jig O'Vigor. Nothing else, just that song, and maybe the AE Fear but only when you have multiple mobs in camp for CC purposes.

That's what I do
Old 04-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

I went full stamina on my half-elf bard and put the remaining points into dex. Charisma is extremely easy to raise and star ruby jewelry adds cha/dex.

If you are in a group situation dex will not help you with twisting songs unless you are getting lots of aggro. If you are getting lots of aggro it's probably due to your weapons procing... maybe from that high dex? Hmmm.

In any case stamina keeps you alive longer and is the hardest stat to raise in the game. If you are going to be pulling in dungeons you will want enough hitpoints to make it back to camp. Go stamina.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Default ...

If you like to melee as a bard you should reroll as a ranger or a rogue, bards have instruments for a reason and in just about every scenario conceivable instruments are > melee.

Until epic comes out at least.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

do instrument modifiers even work correctly yet?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Yea string and percussion do.

If wind ever got fixed that would be pretty awesome. Horn songs are pretty lame regardless.
Closed Thread