Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings P99.

Today, while at work, spacing off staring at my computer screen, I began to think back right as Velious was coming to a close and Luclin was near launch. I was trying to remember (me, as a Shaman) what other classes did specifically.

I would like to break down (and I'll give credit to another post I found on google somewhere) each class based on how they were near the end of Velious.

Example:

Cleric: During this ERA of EQ, the Cleric had mastered the CH chain. Rarely did any other heals get used by a Cleric.

Paladin: ??

Rogue: With primal weapons and epics, Rogues were uncontested, the best dps IN EQ.

Druid: Decent support healers, kings of nothing. Their HP buffs were still sub-par to Clerics (or were they??).

Warrior: Best tanks, due to skillcaps.

Monk: Took a hefty tanking nerf in Velious. Still a high DPS class and great pullers.

Shadowknights: ??

Enchanters: Velious was pure hell for Enchanters with the HIGH MR of bosses and raid encounters. Can't remember how this was handled near the end of Velious.

Shamans: Disease based slow FTW. King of buffers with Primal Avatar.

Wizards: Lore spells allowed them to be a favorite to raid leaders with considerable raid damage. Wizards are really vague to me tbh because I don't recall really having any memorable ones around at the time.

Necromancers: No serious raid force ran without at least 3. Necros allowed the CH chains to function longer. Something tells me that during this point in EQ, Necros were above Monks and other DPS classes (obviously below a Rogue) due to the much larger health pool of bosses, allowing them to stack 5 dots (in my raid force, ONE of our Necros who did nothing but DPS was actually above the Rogue in DPS iirc). How were resists on bosses for Necros during this state of Everquest?

Magicians: Epic pet Magicians were the only viable ones during this era (that's about all I remember).

Ranger: ??

Bard: Resist songs were KING in Velious. Every raid wished they had 5.

Please, add your memories of Velious class balance. I know some of my memories may be incorrect, but this was many years ago.
Paladins didn't really do anything in Velious. Almost all of the mobs were immune to stuns, and their patch healing ability was sub-par at best.

Shadowknights did everything from pull to off-tank to fear-kiting certain adds.

Rangers...well no one really knows what Rangers do besides die...though I remember once a Ranger tanked the last... 10%? of AoW. Slayback was a fucking badass.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

paladin gets like a 500pt group heal in velious dont they? aint too bad~
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Mages made modrods, and that's it. We did land spells, after mala/malosinia was applied. And CoTH. A couple of raids all I did was make modrod the entire time and I never raided with that group again. But I think soon after that they nerfed it.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Aviak

tbh, i remember wanting to be a war at the end of velious...yet i rolled a pally here again...o.O
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin gets like a 500pt group heal in velious dont they? aint too bad~
Wave of Healing:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1455

Celestial Cleansing:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1283

From my experience, both of these are great for off-healing in raids like NToV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

Bravo Greatdane, very well done. I enjoyed and agreed with almost everything in your treatise.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wave of Healing:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1455

Celestial Cleansing:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1283

From my experience, both of these are great for off-healing in raids like NToV.
Paladins are great support in Velious imo
Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins are great support in Velious imo
This ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for Rangers, I think they were happy for the first time ever?
Was a start, though Luclin is where we shined especially with Endless Quiver and Trueshot Disc
Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

I seem to recall rangers tanking some raid mobs during warrior switches with weaponshield. No?

weren't paladins bitching about getting out dps'd by clerics at some point? maybe that was luclin...

Time to roll a monk.
Closed Thread