Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

I don't understand why more bards don't actively seek to tank for group content. It's tons of fun and you have a reason to get HP/resist gear! I have an incredible amount of gear to look forward to and work towards and wishlist that will help me in how I like to play, now that Velious is out.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the OP and I are in totally different mindsets, or he's trolling. I'll bite, yea bards stink, don't roll one (server bard population IS too high anyhow.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvesh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a raiding stand point:
My melee will never be a tide turner
I don't have to focus to hard on resist gear because I got my songs and cap easy
I'm not going to take many hits so AC and HP are nice for some survivability but not an earth shattering focus
And I don't need mana gear
This is classic Everquest and quite frankly, most of the raid content is simply a mix of gear check and did you pass raiding 101 anyhow. If your guild is breezing through raid content, then no you won't see any benefit from gear while sitting in the healer group playing mana song, the casters won't change the tide with an extra 100 mana or hitpoints either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvesh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Form the solo side:
I'll do it naked with an instrument, enough said
Not enough said. Maybe this needs to be clarified for the kids at home. Are you honestly saying you would Nascar for 60 (technically 59, since chords is at level 2) levels? Are you saying if you roll out on your 60 raid bard to pharm something, you get no benefit from gear?

Outside of raiding, the bard is the jack of all trades, master of none. Most of the roles they can fill have their own stats that can be improved with gear. No, the pieces aren't as big of an improvement as they would be for some other class, but they all help.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Kollins, what guild literally isn't breezing through content? There's no more quality over quantity on this server. It's all just one massive blob of players. If you want to farm stuff, make a shammy or enchanter. With how game mechanics are known now, there is easier ways a bard can farm platinum.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Kiting bards are a dime a dozen, a good group bard is a rarity.

A highly skilled bard is the biggest catalyst to an exp group in the game. Anyone who tells you different is wrong.