Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your company uses a VPN and your home computer has to connect to the VPN for you to RDP to it, then they can monitor network traffic off your home PC. I think this can be avoided if you use your home computer's gateway instead of your work's when you setup your VPN connection.

Although I think Chrome RDP uses HTTPS which means you probably don't need a VPN to connect to home. If you're not on a VPN at home, at best they could only monitor what is going through the HTTP traffic and unless they have a way to mirror your RDP session in Chrome, I don't think there's much they can see other than what Chrome sends which I imagine is probably over websockets.
deep packet analysis will reveal everything in the chrome rdp session.

stop trolling this guy into getting fired. that's over the line.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't RnF; how do you think that's an acceptable post?
A lot of the people who bonded with my past-life male bully alpha-troll persona became unreasonably hostile when I started transition. Something about submitting to a "male" then learning it was just a girl's put-on character really bugs insecure type dudes.

I must not be a real woman if I was capable of dominating them, etc...it's a misogynist typology really. I've seen it manifest irl and it made me concerned for my safety. Creep behavior, but I try not to blame. There really is a lot of toxicity embedded in most boys' masculine programming. Most NPCs will never overcome; all we can do is raise the next generation of Lulzes with learned lessons in mind.

Lulz is susceptible to addiction to short-loop dopa cycles. It's kindest to him to just freeze him out when he starts mashing that lever I think. And I don't particularly need moral support to endure his meltdowns. but ty ^^

More importantly, op, DON'T play eq at work over RDP. Any good IT guy's heuristic will see data transmission resembling videogame patterns and do a deep-packet analysis that will bust you cold.
Last edited by America; 10-25-2018 at 01:32 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's true if his IT dept doesn't do deep packet analysis. which most of us real IT professionals learned in grammar school. loser
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You originally said his IT department would find him on "ip logs". Now they have to do deep packet analysis? Hmm. It's almost as if you don't know what you are taking about.

(Hint: smart people were never on "help desk" like you were. They went straight to being engineers)
Old 10-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You originally said his IT department would find him on "ip logs". Now they have to do deep packet analysis? Hmm. It's almost as if you don't know what you are taking about.

(Hint: smart people were never on "help desk" like you were. They went straight to being engineers)
The IP logs show transmission patterns resembling videogame netcode, then they do a deep packet analysis. I didn't explain the whole thing because OP obviously a noob.

And I'm sorry I wasn't born as priveleged as you. I had to work hard to become the computer engineer I am today, my dream since childhood. And I did it all while in the wrong sex's body. I won't see my long ascent to this pinnacle station as a point of shame no matter how discharitably you characterize it.
Last edited by America; 10-25-2018 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Ip logs do not show transmission patterns. I sincerely hope your employer doesn't read this or you'd be fired for being incompetent at your "computer engineer" job (which sounds fake). Can you just stop pretending you know what you're talking about?
Old 10-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ip logs do not show transmission patterns.
rofl. your big expensive school didn't teach you how to read IP logs? there's no substitute for grit. anyway i "sincerely hope" your professors dont read this and commit suicide. loser
Old 10-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of the people who bonded with my past-life male bully alpha-troll persona became unreasonably hostile when I started transition. Something about submitting to a "male" then learning it was just a girl's put-on character really bugs insecure type dudes.

I must not be a real woman if I was capable of dominating them, etc...it's a misogynist typology really. I've seen it manifest irl and it made me concerned for my safety. Creep behavior, but I try not to blame. There really is a lot of toxicity embedded in most boys' masculine programming. Most NPCs will never overcome; all we can do is raise the next generation of Lulzes with learned lessons in mind.

Lulz is susceptible to addiction to short-loop dopa cycles. It's kindest to him to just freeze him out when he starts mashing that lever I think. And I don't particularly need moral support to endure his meltdowns. but ty ^^

More importantly, op, DON'T play eq at work over RDP. Any good IT guy's heuristic will see data transmission resembling videogame patterns and do a deep-packet analysis that will bust you cold.
Good stronkgt post. For a femme.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The IP logs show transmission patterns resembling videogame netcode, then they do a deep packet analysis. I didn't explain the whole thing because OP obviously a noob.

And I'm sorry I wasn't born as priveleged as you. I had to work hard to become the computer engineer I am today, my dream since childhood. And I did it all while in the wrong sex's body. I won't see my long ascent to this pinnacle station as a point of shame no matter how discharitably you characterize it.
But the packets are not routed through the RDP session are they? Only the RDP data is which is just display and input and file transfers between computer.

How can they even trace packets on a computer that isn't even in their own network? If they are connecting to the PC via WAN then how can anything be traced? I don't think they can trace anything unless his home PC is on the company's VPN, using their gateway or there is a security hole in Chrome RDP.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Chrome RDP doesn't work like other incantations of RDP. It runs virtual applications, cloned from RAM of the viewed PC, locally on the viewer machine and superimposes them over cropped jpgs or png or whatever sent from the viewed PC. That way the images transferred can be much smaller, and bandwidth constraints are much less an issue. It's a wild implementation. Side effects, of course, Google gets to read the state of the applications and track user behavior thoroughly for advertising. And the traffic can be read by IP log and deep package inspection as though the remote machine were local. Check out the docs, chrome rdp is wackadoodle af.
Last edited by America; 10-25-2018 at 04:14 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

For anyone about to fall for this fraud, the above rant is a technobabble rant of helpdesk peon who is daydreaming about how networks actually work. "Cloned RAM" is the 3rd dumbest thing I heard today, right behind "it's IP logs", no wait it's "deep packet inspection"!
Closed Thread