Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Levels also need to be *greatly* considered when resisting spells.

Dragon fear should send basically every non 57+ flying.

I had quotes that are long gone since sites are down where guilds say "don't come to Kunark dragons unless 57+" or "now that we're all 58+ we're downing them". Will hafta do the digging but .... 255 is cap pals.

The 300+ stuff is like PoP era. I logged in PoP on a wizard someone had obtained to PvP and people were resisting Lure of Ro and rapture and shit, beating faces with Vanazir and lol'ing :P.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Banned

i had sites that are also long gone that say the complete opposite

guess were both shit out of luck eh?

also resists always went over 300+ with a bard never 255
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

would take a major rehaul of the spells system to go back to the old system -- When they changed resists they also changed dragon aoes to reflect that change.

not sure if thats even possible on this client. Would create a lot of problems and probably take 5+ patches to get shit right.

At the rate we're getting patches(once every 2-3 months) this would break the game for almost a year.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

^ ill be submitting this Silo69 quote as evidence to the pixel crimes division. Chooses subverting the server for easier pixel gain over authentic classic.

255 was resist cap :P

Source
Quote:
Resists past 255 don't matter, there's a cap at that point. Used to be that it would roll over, so that if you got 256 PR, you really only had 1. And we wondered why Trak would always land his ae on us =p
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-26-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned

if thats your "proof"

then i have over a hundred of similar postings about how -cha helped necro's fear

your gonna need way better than that
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Banned

Goofballs and weirdos on ZAM don't quite measure up to someone explicitly describing a raid strategy on a raid guild board during that era.

(September 2000)
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

edit: it appears on live LOWER resists seemed to work better than higher? http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Seems that people resisted spells with 170-200 resist better than they did with 255. Obviously its true because I found it on an old post. Seems we need to fix this so I can bank some resist gear and roll around with 180 instead of 300+

edit x 2: above link disproves display cap of 255, since duirng velious people are posting comments regarding 300 resist, and person directly in thread says they display over 260.
Last edited by cyryllis; 02-26-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

It can display more than that, but it won't use more than that.

Asked dev to explain, his answer regarding functionality:
Quote:
DB might say max resist is 256; however the sourcde says Max Eff. = 212
Quote:
well for resists the source contains a maximum for each mob... and it's price is right style.
trak is 252 closest to that number without going over with a grace of 2
the grace means 85% effective and 75% effective...
so for trak do not go past 252... hit it dead on... 253 means your working with ~215
Answer regarding showing that you have more than it, but using not all of it or less (including a bit of above):
Quote:
the DB has maximum displayable; source has maximum obtainable.
AKA a lvl 55 can only go as high as 100 resist, anything over won't be considered, whereas a lvl 60 gets the full money 252. Then the "broken part" explaining going over... is clearly explained in bold.

I think the missing piece of the puzzle is something like you can only be effective up to a certain amount based on your level. I'll ask more.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-26-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: it appears on live LOWER resists seemed to work better than higher? http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Seems that people resisted spells with 170-200 resist better than they did with 255. Obviously its true because I found it on an old post. Seems we need to fix this so I can bank some resist gear and roll around with 180 instead of 300+

edit x 2: above link disproves display cap of 255, since duirng velious people are posting comments regarding 300 resist, and person directly in thread says they display over 260.
I can't tell if you are serious or not, so let me make this crystal clear. Both the client and server will store your resist values. For the client, there is no reason not to use a string or whatever: there are 11 values, so you would be saving 11 bytes. HOORAY. The server has 3000 players and maybe 10000 NPCs. That's 130kb of memory savings. Wrong, but not 0. Therefore it is reasonable, in fact even LIKELY, that the server used 1 byte and the client used more. Which means that the client would display 50000 resist, but the server would simply not accept that value. Which is the whole point that they are debating in the thread!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Banned

I have a raid guild's board comments and deeper explaination from an EQ dev that matches this resistance behavior exactly.

Make 255 the cap and apply to all NPCs, its still MORE classic.

And to Nizzar's comment, Uthgaard's formula doesn't consider PoP or classic or anything. It's a custom set that I find to be very lacking, ESPECIALLY considering players 57 and under. It's functional, and has rhyme and reason now. However, it needs to be steered closer as we approach Velious raid content.

Aside, invis pulling and 255 resist cap need to go in before Velious lest we taint the sacred Velious pixels. This isn't asking for anything insane either. I can't recall a SINGLE dragon fight where all the 60s completely resisted every fear and aoe. Claiming such is just crazy.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-26-2013 at 07:56 PM..