Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should AAs be implemented in late Velious?
Yes! 105 47.30%
No, they should be implemented sooner 13 5.86%
No, they should not be implemented 79 35.59%
I love lamp 25 11.26%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Personally I don't see how any system once activated can remain if it stagnates at any point.

Eventually everyone will do everything they wanted to do and there won't be enough new people to compensate for those leaving. The server population dwindles and dies. Adding new content is the only way to stave this off.

If people want the server to continue as viable - we will have AA's, we will have luclin, PoP...the only other option is an eventual sever population in the double or single digits and who would maintain a server with that population?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

They should be introduced with the Custom Content, IMO.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brexx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should be introduced with the Custom Content, IMO.
Something better.. is my philosophy.

Slay undead for example was a great, class-specific ... AA? Weak. It could be something like an epic quest with the same outcome. Mindlessly grinding a level 51 equivalent experience bar is not what I have in mind :T
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Slay undead for example was a great, class-specific ... AA? Weak. It could be something like an epic quest with the same outcome. Mindlessly grinding a level 51 equivalent experience bar is not what I have in mind :T
If Velious quests were 'tweaked' it would take people longer to solve them, and would reduce the speed they are ripped through. I love the idea of new quests to gain those AA-type abilities.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Swish, your endless hatred for post kunark content needs to end. You comment in every Velious/luclin/what if thread with the same disdain attitude. The guy was probably just bored at work looking for some entertainment/debate, in no way was he expressing that he dislikes kunark or trying to rush the release of Velious or custom content.

These threads are my favorite, because I, like many, like to discuss the future of the server in the next couple of years. Plus, nilbog/rog seems to come out of nowhere and give their 2 cents.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP aa's plzkthx, wru faded memories (ultimate trainer's tool :O)
I hated fading memories as a rogue, bards get a practically infinite aggro wipe. rogues have to wait 72 minutes between escape use.

AA Jealousy

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

GIEF MOAR QUESTS!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Specifically, EQ+AM3, Slay Undead, and Fading Memories.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Just add, run speed AA's...Health/Mana regen AA, Crit AA, and....the food and drink one for the lols.

Keep it basic.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoedTruth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering what everyone's opinion is on this one. I think it would open up end-game playability, allow customization, retain players, and avoid the dreaded thing known as "Luclin".

What do you think about having AAs implemented in say.. late-Velious on this server?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfelfbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just add, run speed AA's...Health/Mana regen AA, Crit AA, and....the food and drink one for the lols.

Keep it basic.
How can you as a bard not want for the days of Fading Memories? FM and EQ+AM3 single-handedly altered the classes they belong to more than any other AA, but weren't game-breaking in the way Manaburn broke Wizards/Kunark.
Closed Thread