Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have about 120 Cold resist, IC landing full damage about 70% of the time. Elemental resist seem fine.
ice comet has a negative 10 modifier, so your 120 is now 110, null also gave the wizard class itself a negative modifier so even lower.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Banned

another string of 20 starfires (410 max) on the same 1 lev lower target with the same 124 fr.

197, 102, 226, 263, 102, 300, 102, 275, 102, 102, 102, 267, 213, 102, 102, 102, 102, 197, 102. 102

so, what we have this time is a 60% waste of mana rate. average damage per 250 mana 6 second cast time spell, 145....... less than a decent two hander swing.

again, this is completely broken.

YOU DID NOT GET FULL RESISTS ON SINGLE EFFECT NUKES BEYOND THE DEFAULT PERCENTAGE REGARDLESS OF HOW HIGH YOUR RESISTANCES ARE.

30% or MORE of those casts should be landing for full damage.

this is how the game played during the entire launch through velious timeframe, this is the resist system that was everquest and this is what people came here to play.

i have better gear than a lot of folks, with resistance rings and things i have enough mana for 6 nukes, maybe if i had 2 bars of mana against an afk war/pal/sk and no aggro lowbie mobs to interrupt the 6 second cast time that i have to stand still during i could kill them after a full minute+ of standing around with a thumb up my ass chain casting. if i was lucky.

if the numbers had an extra 100 damage across the board it would be a lot closer to how it is supposed to look, or again if the 102's were replaced with a number out of the rest of the string.

this really needs to be fixed or the server will be another 50 population sack of shit like every other emulator i have played where plate class melees roam around invulnerable to everything but other plate class melees because the devs shitted up the resistance system, really dont know why it cant just be made classic.
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-31-2011 at 02:23 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really dont know why it cant just be made classic.
because all they have to work with is differing anecdotal evidence from 12 years ago
Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because all they have to work with is differing anecdotal evidence from 12 years ago
That's where you're wrong because I found a parse of a wizard nuking himself with 167CR. It was before September 2002 (when the resist revamp occurred), so the resist system during that time should be the same as classic through velious:

"I'm also on TZ -- i did some experimenting - yah i was bored
nuking myself with draught of ice (i have 167 cold resist unbuffed) the average hit was for 347 , so yah it can land consistent dmg, just not a whole lot. "

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...ead-and-Learn&

If you get PvP damage reduction casting on yourself, that would be 347 out of 531 possible damage, or 65% average. If you don't get PvP damage reduction nuking yourself, that would be 347/793, or an average of 44% per nuke. No data on full resist rates. He uses the phrase "the average hit" so I'm guessing he did not count full resists as 0 damage in that parse and left them out or his average would be much lower.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Banned

asdf
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-31-2011 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: retard i responded to removed his post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YOU DID NOT GET FULL RESISTS ON SINGLE EFFECT NUKES BEYOND THE DEFAULT PERCENTAGE REGARDLESS OF HOW HIGH YOUR RESISTANCES ARE.
This is just plain not true, to quote a few people from that thread that MakeYouMad is linking:

Tears sucks against melee's imo, druzzil is a waste of time due to the resists, I think the best use is prexus on an int or wis caster. Pre 60 I found that ice comet had a far too high resist rate to use often, and it is slow as hell. Draughts suck too but at least they are fast... but I noticed as you get past 56/57 they become almost unusable (hitting friends for under 100 per draught with 140s resists).
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post130936
Quote:
SOL can be resisted..I resist it all day ;p
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post130931
Quote:
Well I'm 54 - but I've taken down lvl 60 wizards so lemme give it to ya from a victims point of view.

Solists and Sunstrike - my resists are like 170ish. Sunstrike I usually flat out resist 1 in 4 and the rest dont do jack. Solists seems to work like Ice Comet. One time it hits for 100, next time 700 etc.

Keep in mind the 6 level diff also - I'm sure this changes if it was a lvl 60 vs lvl 60 wiz.

Anwyayz - hope this helps.

Ace
KotWR
All of them talk about resist rates on direct damage spells and the entire thread advocates using lures in place of other direct damage spells because of that reason.

Hell that last quote there is saying that with 170FR and a 7 level gap (he is 54 and the caster is 60) says, "I usually flat out resist 1 in 4 and the rest dont do jack.". How does that sound like anything you are describing?

Also, just for shits if you go with the resist rate that he is describing AND use the numbers derived from another post in that thread (thanks MakeYouMad)

Quote:
If you get PvP damage reduction casting on yourself, that would be 347 out of 531 possible damage, or 65% average. If you don't get PvP damage reduction nuking yourself, that would be 347/793, or an average of 44% per nuke. No data on full resist rates. He uses the phrase "the average hit" so I'm guessing he did not count full resists as 0 damage in that parse and left them out or his average would be much lower.
that means that your 612 damage Starfire (because we are nuking ourselves) does 268 on average.

so, your second test resulted in 2760 damage over 20 casts using the current system. Now if you take the 44% reduction in the above post (because we are self casting) and cast a 612 starfire on yourself 15 times (because 1/4 are resisted) you come out with 4039, so with PvP reduction that would be 2666.

That is a difference of 94 damage over 20 casts. Now keep in mind that this is only applicable IF a 7 level deficit equals 40ish resistance difference in classic...I'd bet it did and then some.

Maybe I failed at the math up above (very possible) or maybe a 7 level difference isn't that big of a deal...or maybe the people in that post are full of shit...I don't know. Otherwise that doesn't seem all that far off.
Last edited by Null; 10-31-2011 at 07:26 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Woo for null doing the path on parsed data, rather than just listening to the whiners.

Imo the resist system is pretty good and matches up very well with live considering the data, infact it may be kinder to casters due to the lack of complete resists, whereas people from that post are talking about 1 in 4 total resists.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

Ok, I just worked out the math. I logged onto EQ live zek server to check if you got damage reduction when nuking yourself, you don't.

That means if we want EQ classic resists based on that Graffe parse, a druid nuking himself with starfire and 167FR should do an average of 44% per nuke (612 x 0.44 = 269 damage, no PvP reduction nuking yourself). Full resists weren't counted as 0 in that guy's post, they were just omitted. Next, if we want to use linear extrapolation of this data, he should be nuking himself for an average of 58% of normal damage with starfire and 124FR. Darwoth currently nukes other people 1 level lower with 124FR for 55% of normal damage, so the average damage is a little lower than it should be but possibly within margin of error.

Here's my math for the linear extrapolation of this data:

I'm starting with the information that 167 cold resist = 56% average damage reduction

167 / 56 = 2.982

So the formula for extrapolating new data points is: Resist / 2.982 = the average percent removed from each nuke when cast in PvP

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's also a few things I want to point out:

Quote:
SOL can be resisted..I resist it all day ;p
I believe what the guy is talking about in that quote is spamming the UP key to avoid pushback, not sure though. People claim this spell was made unresistable at some point in time, but who knows. I doubt it should be unresistable in this time period.

Then for tears spells, those had some fucked up resist checks different from normal nukes so not a good example. One thing I am sure of, is that normal nukes did not have a static, full resist rate. It definitely went up against higher resists.
Last edited by MakeYouMad; 10-31-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Null,

Are we planning on leaving dots like they are.. IE if you move you take less dmg... This most certainly wasnt classic. I am just trying to gather some numbers from the "Dot classes" perspective if this is the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Null, why can't you just do a basic standard dmg reduction amount per. percentage of resistance player has for that element, example if player has 150 fire resist and is hit with a fire based spell that does normally 600 dmg maybe with resist neg. factor maybe he only get hits for 320 dmg.I don't think any DD spell should be totally resist if player are within 4 lvl of each other, but for blind,snare,and root they should be resisted sometimes depending on resistance a player has, but not 90 percent with maxed resistance.Resistance is for helping a player absorbed the damage not totally defend against it, If you can make it were everyone can understand and see the same effect each time, it will solve alot of your problems.
Closed Thread