Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really that Knights were better at it, they were just forced into it. If SKs/Paladins were given dual wield, they'd all be dual wielding except for the very few 2handers that are worth it (and those are mostly in Velious).
Truth.

It just scales better. I still see merit in having a 2h if you can use one but with the right high-end 1handers just do better damage.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Skeleton

it all depends on which era of EQ you are in for knights and 1 hander vs 2. Pretty sure unless you are totally decked out in velious raid loot you are under the softcap so shield AC is just the same as any other piece you wear.

There are no knight 1 handers worth using in classic. Knight 1 handers start showing up in kunark and they aren't exactly super common.

Kill rate is everything in EQ and 2 handers typically are better DPS than a 1 hander for a knight.

I personally have found that you want to be exping off of mobs that you can defensively handle with 2 hander. Also at this stage of the game there is very little defensive difference between a knight with a shield and one without. The mob attack is very low and the game is balanced mostly around your base statistics from leveling.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

There is a thread someplace, not sure the era, claiming parses show a under-the-cap gain for any shield slot shield.

If the case the right shield is a ton of AC. Upwards of 10% gain.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

How can you talk about realistic. If i was a big boss mob id run around and kill all the rogues/mages/wizards first then i could take a nap with the lack of DPS....
Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Both my warriors DE and Ogre use 2hs. I have 2 1hb but looks stupid so i stopped using them. Maybe a wurmslayer and shield would work out.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanystvyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a wurmslayer and shield would work out.
You will have a cold chance in hell at holding aggro. Soloing your basically using a gimpy 2hander with a shield to help mitigate a little damage. In the high levels the dmg bonus on a 25/40 2hs trumps a Wurmslayer.

Bash damage vs kick damage? No clue. A Stormwood Battle Staff is a better ratio though and those sell for 100-200 pp.
Closed Thread