Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Not sure if this one qualifies, but it's a great game: X-Com
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre Battle 64

/thraed
100% agree
Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried Disgaea several times before, though I didn't find it appealing.

Vandal Hearts was one of my most favorites on the PSX! If you've never played the game, I highly recommend it! Final Fantasy Tactics also, the GBA version was ok but not as much fun as the real deal.

I guess I should've said "SRPGs for Consoles," not RTS types for PC.
Man if I could get my hands on a an original copy of Vandal Hearts for Playstation I would shit myself. 2 other games I would reccomend and they dont even have bad graphics; Ark The Lad (seriously amazing - Playstation 2), and Gladius for the original X-box. Gladius has the worst storyline but awesome gameplay and can be really challenging.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vandal Hearts & Vandal Hearts 2 for Playstation 1. They are very much like Final Fantasy tactics. Vandal Hearts 2 has a little better graphics than 2 and is very much the same game as 1 except a different story of course so if you care about graphics at all I would suggest Vandal Hearts 2.
The thing that turned off the fun for me in Vandal Hearts 2 was the "simultaneous" action between you and the enemy, I couldn't get used to that.

I'm also a big fan of the HOMM series, but there haven't been any games that come close to it. I've tried that "Kings Bounty," but it's just a poorly made clone of HOMM.

I've played quite alot of SRPGs through emulation, despite having a chipped PS2 still, and Shining Force 3 is just amazing, its an amazing game for Sega Saturn. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics but spread out over 3 scenarios (same game but different storylines and characters which interweave in every scenario. I just wish there were more games like it.

Has anyone tried La Pucelle Tactics for PSX, or Suikoden Tactics?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

-Ogre Battle on SNES/64
-X-Com i think would qualify. I found the learning curve a bit steep, but I'm an idiot.
-Gladius, to echo Cars a few posts above, was a pretty fun game on the original xbox.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Aviak

utawarerumono is pretty good, bit more focus on the story then the srpg part i guess, but a nice timekiller~
Old 02-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played quite alot of SRPGs through emulation, despite having a chipped PS2 still, and Shining Force 3 is just amazing, its an amazing game for Sega Saturn. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics but spread out over 3 scenarios (same game but different storylines and characters which interweave in every scenario. I just wish there were more games like it.
I will never forgive Sega for not porting the entire SF3 trilogy to the US. I have the imports, but I don't speak/read Japanese so it was never as fulfilling as it could be. I'm curious though, was there a port I wasn't aware of?

Just as well, if you haven't played Shining Force 1, 2, or Shining Force CD - those are great too.

I recently played a bit of the Jagged Alliance series, which seemed very cool. I haven't had time recently to really dive into them, but the whole series is available on gog.com (Good Old Games) for cheap.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crover_CT99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will never forgive Sega for not porting the entire SF3 trilogy to the US. I have the imports, but I don't speak/read Japanese so it was never as fulfilling as it could be. I'm curious though, was there a port I wasn't aware of?
Well, therein lies the beauty of emulation; the other scenarios along with the premium disc were all fan-translated into English, through the use of patches!

http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/emulation/

What's more is, you can start the second scenario by loading the last save you made in the first scenario, and likewise with the third scenario being able to load from the second scenario! This makes it so you have one continuous storyline throughout all three scenarios. Whatever choices you've made in one scenario, will affect the outcome of the next scenario.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Last edited by Scrooge; 02-02-2011 at 12:11 AM..
Old 02-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Aviak

Yeeeessss! in my best Cartman voice.

Thanks dude.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I'm going to start a list of console SRPGs in the first post, and update it as more of you reply, this way we don't get dupe posts and contribute our own reviews of games to the list!
Closed Thread