Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneynegro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only part I really disagree on, 2-3 of those casts would probably be fully resisted against 150FR. I don't really care what they do with damage spells though.

I think 2 out of 5 spells resisting against 150FR would be a fair compromise in terms of trying to make the server like classic while also letting casters be viable.
No. Rarely were my nukes resisted fully with people who had 150+. We are talking maybe 1 out of 30 casts. Of course this is velious era, not sure about prior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Banned

Things Darwoth believes.

Pacify doesn't aggro on a resist.
He could cast one spell and walk around any dungeon in classic without aggroing 99% of mobs.
Heat blood is unresistable.
And now..."6> on a related note ducking disrupts spells, this is important."
Old 10-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Banned

was wondering how long before one of you morons would shit the thread up

and the only thing you said that has any bearing to what i've said is pacify, which was edited shortly after i made the post and long before your gluttonous ass even saw the thread.

never said heat blood was unresistable, didnt play a necromancer so have no idea. splurt and lifetaps were unresistable, dont know one way or the other about the rest.

classic factions nagafen/vox/splitpaw/kedge/mistmoore were all made dubious via benevolence.

and duck interrupted spells

since you did not play you have no idea what the fuck your talking about, which is why in each of those threads the people who were there agree, those who do not are yourself and 2 or 3 other mouthbreathers that do nothing but shit up the conversation with your drivel.
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-16-2011 at 02:25 AM..
Old 10-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Large Bat

Dot's were never partial resist in classic, it was all or nothing. Generally the more useful dots were resistable - eg. ebolt line did a lot of damage quickly, but was fairly easily resisted with 70+pr.

If you had all your resists close to 100 around the time of classic/kunark, you were going to resist most of the resistable spells. Fighting someone with decent resists was all about using unresistables on them, especially if you were in resist-gear too and likely short on int/mana.

Around the velious or later eras the resists were changed. This helped a bit because your typical crybaby on RZ in classic was naked with an aviak charm, without the balls to wear their good gear in case they lost it, but later they upgraded to the fancy new no-drop stuff dropping in uber velious era raids.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Banned

resists were changed sometime post luclin from what i hear, played until a few weeks before that launched when i went to daoc.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Large Bat

I stopped around late-velious era I think. Resists definitely need to be as close to classic as possible. Theres a crapload of custom servers out there for ppl who think they are 'improving' EQ with their own ideas, and they all have no ppl on them because they suck.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ducking interrupted casting in classic. Period.
Keep it classic
Old 10-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

moar classic pictures pertaining to pvp imo

solid find
Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Rarely were my nukes resisted fully with people who had 150+. We are talking maybe 1 out of 30 casts. Of course this is velious era, not sure about prior to that.
I think we both know that's not true. The only spells you saw wizards cast in PvP were lures. If resist rate was that low, they would be 1 shotting people with sunstrike and the boards would be filled with hundreds of threads talking about how overpowered wizards are but it just didn't happen.

Hell, I would have made a wizard myself if sunstrike was actually a reliable PvP spell lol.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Sarnak

I used Sunstrike on my wizard. I even used Draught of Jiva - MR based nuke. I had more issues with root, stun, etc landing so that I rarely used them. I did not solely cast lures on my Wizard - in fact, I rarely used them save for people grouped with bards and a few specific people that I knew stacked certain resists.
Last edited by Dfn; 10-16-2011 at 05:09 AM..
Closed Thread