Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, one way that is fixed on RoZ are lockouts when you die in PvP and level restrictions of 30 in zones that make sense like Sol B. You can also say taking out training is short sited because it is a huge benefit to zergs and then people get bored and quit. Making rules where people get banned for doing something you can do in the game is really pathetic. If you can't handle training then hard code a fix for it.

If you make it just a rule then it will still happen. Some people get away with it because you are relying on unpaid workers to be fair when sometimes they just like certain players over others.

You can bribe every P99 GM here with nudes to get the other guild banned.
Which is why the phrase "time to grind up some more level 30 clerics" isn't uncommon. saying training should be permissible because it is possible is like some sort of SICK "what if the child consents" libertarian argument. Some things just shouldn't be allowed even if they can technically happen for the population health and health of the population. Training isn't an equalizer for a "resistance" guild versus a zerg, the zerg by definition has more people and as people get frustrated from training and log at relatively equal rates the zerg still has more people to contest the mob, but is that really what you want high end competition to devolve into, who can sustain the most hours of training?
Last edited by Danger; 03-13-2020 at 07:49 PM..
Old 03-15-2020, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I don't like about a red99 server. I don't like people getting banned for training. It should be like a sandbox. Anything you can pull off in game should be legal. As long as the population is healthy enough, which it should be for a while if a new server opened, the server can police itself. You only have to put up with shit heads when the server population is so low you can't afford to shun people.

If you don't like how something plays out in the game try to hard code a fix first and don't make the solution a /petition war to get everyone banned.

nah dude

this is fun in theory, but then you try ROZ and sit in discord while grown men run trains on each other from 8pm est until 10am est the next morning "contesting" CT
Old 03-15-2020, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah dude

this is fun in theory, but then you try ROZ and sit in discord while grown men run trains on each other from 8pm est until 10am est the next morning "contesting" CT
Dulu isn't lying, this isn't an exagerated comment at all. This is actually what happens atleast 2-3 days out of the 7 lol.

An I am confirming it isn't fun! I was Rick on RoZ this is true.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

TrainQuest is about entertaining for one week then it gets old.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2020, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

In addition to the name of the thread, we are ready for a new server. I am especially, so I can create a new mage, or enchanter to roleplay with and wreck people! On RoZ, whenever I zoned into a zone & shouted "The King Has Sent!" People knew to start prepping cause I was coming for their head! Lol , after the yellow text went out that I killed their ass I would /ooc "For Ak'anon!" " The king will be pleased!" Or if I got jumped or had to flee a fight I would say "Guards! Notify the king, quick! Tell the merchants! This won't go unheard!" "I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD" Lol good times.
Last edited by Christina.; 03-15-2020 at 02:34 PM..
Old 03-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is what I don't like about a red99 server. I don't like people getting banned for training. It should be like a sandbox. Anything you can pull off in game should be legal. As long as the population is healthy enough, which it should be for a while if a new server opened, the server can police itself. You only have to put up with shit heads when the server population is so low you can't afford to shun people.

If you don't like how something plays out in the game try to hard code a fix first and don't make the solution a /petition war to get everyone banned.
Clearly a naive statement from someone who doesnt understand what were dealing with. If you let people train, they will push the enveloppe to its extreme. Think youve seen everything? Watch people take shifts to train Solb for 48 hours straight.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Try world of warcraft. Their pvp is much better. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try world of warcraft. Their pvp is much better. Hope this helps.
I've seen this argument a lot. "Play WoW" or "Play Call of Duty", usually coupled with a statement that Everquest PVP is bad or Everquest is not a "PVP game" (usually by those that either never tried EQ PVP or got griefed off of Rallos Zek in April of 1999).

It's such an NPC mindset. It makes as much sense as me saying Blue/Green players, try Skyrim. You can kill Dragons with better combat without FTE races and keep all the loot yourself.

It isn't a matter of what is the better PVP game. We love Everquest as much as, if not more than, the "blue" playerbase, we just enjoy it with the added player interaction and competitive component of PVP. We love the WORLD of Everquest, the PVE, raiding, and gearing elements included, we just like it with PVP. We don't want to sit in a line in an MMORPG. To me and many others once you've given EQ in a PVP setting it's fair shake there is no going back.
Last edited by Danger; 03-15-2020 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

3 characters on red above 50. Yes, I've played EQ PvP...

Take your 4-chan/alt-reich vernacular and fuck off back to your dead pvp server.

You all have ruined your own lands. Now live in them.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Has nothing to do with politics. Danger is right.
Closed Thread