Old 07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

He probably meant storms.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

+1 for this idea, nice job
Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

I will update the OP with some of the other good ideas people have added!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a terrible idea as long as it doesn't mess up the whole "class balance" thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

This is interesting. Once you are up there is is certainly much easier to get to an exp group or whatever. But a huge bummer if the group bails before you get there or someone decides to just play tricks on you.

I have a feeling it would still end up being too much of a hub for players, and everyone would just level a wizard alt to whatever level you need for the port.
Woops, I forgot to mention the stone is 1000p each to port to Knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

I think just making PoK 46 plus would help a lot.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ogguk (possibly a port from Arena?)
* Drunder, Fortress of Zek (Plane of Tactics)
Kael.
Makes sense.

They should def all 'make sense' as to why/how they exist there.

My post on the other thread.. I would have had the idea that all of the PoP zones would be a bit 'difficult' to get to. As to more 'conceal' their presence, although some other areas make sense too. Putting them near cities - while maybe not 100% on the 'difficult' concept - would indeed give life to out of the way cities.

Like Aeol said too - ports make a lotta sense.
Last edited by Overcast; 07-13-2010 at 06:11 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Kobold

I recall reading about one of the mirrors at the top of ToFS being unused, and people speculating that it could be involved in the then upcoming PoP expansion. I always thought access to something called "plane of knowledge" would have been appropriately found in the three libraries located in Erudin, Neriak, and Felwithe.

That still wouldn't alter how PoP was mired with problems with spell level limits, how it destroyed zones like karnor's and seb, how PoK said goodbye to the notion of spells and tradeskill materials not being universally available all in one location, introduced bard fade, had one of (if not the) worst flagging systems at launch, and a few other things that pissed me off that I can't recall at the moment.

The destruction of the continuity of Norrath was just the hardest to ignore.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dersk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall reading about one of the mirrors at the top of ToFS being unused, and people speculating that it could be involved in the then upcoming PoP expansion. I always thought access to something called "plane of knowledge" would have been appropriately found in the three libraries located in Erudin, Neriak, and Felwithe.

That still wouldn't alter how PoP was mired with problems with spell level limits, how it destroyed zones like karnor's and seb, how PoK said goodbye to the notion of spells and tradeskill materials not being universally available all in one location, introduced bard fade, had one of (if not the) worst flagging systems at launch, and a few other things that pissed me off that I can't recall at the moment.

The destruction of the continuity of Norrath was just the hardest to ignore.
Cool ideas.

The other thing, IMHO that needs fixed is PoP keying - it could simply be taking out the 'boss' in it's 'child' plane... eq: Kill Inny for the key to PoN.

The library idea - just what I was thinking too. Just an extension of existing libraries. Where to put it? That might be a hard call... It should be accessible to all factions, for the most part. If you can't port in or out of it - it wouldn't become a 'gathering spot' - I think anytime a zone connects 'multiple' distant regions - it's going to become a 'hub' and kill the old cities - well maybe not so much if you *have* to go through the old city first.

Yeah - ToFS maybe.. not like that would become much of a 'hub'.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It would need to be more like Skyshine, an out of the way necessity.

Put it at the bottom of Seb - for kicks.

Kunark wasn't too bad, because there were only two cities - on opposite sides with opposite factions and well Cabilis, but only Iksar was welcome right? Without mass faction work, lol.

I think... maybe with tweaks after the charm of the 1st three starts to get 'old' - maybe the other expansions could be 'tuned' to WHAT THEY SHOULD have been to fit into the 'vision'.

To be honest, I think if VI wouldn't have sold out to Sony, kept hard core on the 'vision' - EQ would be much better than it is now. And I bet half of us would still be there, lol.

The whole beauty is at a 'point' - say whatever's past Luclin, another server could progress right behind it, starting with classic.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

don't forget the plane of music!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole beauty is at a 'point' - say whatever's past Luclin, another server could progress right behind it, starting with classic.
My idea for a classic EQlive server was not only to be pre-luclin, but to allow free server transfers off of that server onto others so people wouldn't have to abandon a character to see the newer content. People that wanted to stay forever in the content they enjoyed would be able to. I just reminded myself how much I hate SOE hah.
Closed Thread