Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

I've been saving up so hard IRL to burn $100s in the cash shop! I can't wait to be the envy of all the other players, haters gonna hate. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

#yolo
Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

So what's the deal with the early start? As I understand it there are several and the Sunday one is for Tue direct download from Bethesda. You have to preorder before Sunday or can you just do it then?
Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been saving up so hard IRL to burn $100s in the cash shop! I can't wait to be the envy of all the other players, haters gonna hate. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

#yolo
I hope you enjoy buying the same preorder horse 6 times because that's the only thing in the shop! #yoloswagyolo
Old 03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what's the deal with the early start? As I understand it there are several and the Sunday one is for Tue direct download from Bethesda. You have to preorder before Sunday or can you just do it then?
I believe you need to preorder before Sunday.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you enjoy buying the same preorder horse 6 times because that's the only thing in the shop! #yoloswagyolo
You gotta have alts! amirite?

....truthfully the idea of a subscription model + DLC/micro transactions is enough to make me gag.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

I was online last night trying to get a handle on the structure of this game. Haven't played betas.

But from what it sounds like, it sounds like SWTOR: early game is basically a solo linear game with a bunch of other players running around you do not need to interact with, then an end game with.... what? PvP?

Sounds like SWTOR. Which was a so-so single player game with an MMO part tacked on?

If so no thnx, sadly. Damn, must I come back to p99 for just some basic mmo gameplay?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was online last night trying to get a handle on the structure of this game. Haven't played betas.

But from what it sounds like, it sounds like SWTOR: early game is basically a solo linear game with a bunch of other players running around you do not need to interact with, then an end game with.... what? PvP?

Sounds like SWTOR. Which was a so-so single player game with an MMO part tacked on?

If so no thnx, sadly. Damn, must I come back to p99 for just some basic mmo gameplay?
Here's an article discussing the end game content:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...eteran-content

TLDR They are going to have high level zones (Adventure Zones) that have groupable+ content that I believe is not soloable, but I am not sure on that. I would assume it's not.

They're also having 12 man "raids" that they call trials. Trials will have leaderboards based on time to complete them, and there are time penalties for messing up. You also apparently have a limited amount of rezzes for trials. Not much is known about trials other than what that article shares.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Will be on the Daggerfall Alliance as Pitborn ( hopefully ) .

Won't see you in Thurgadin.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Decided fook it! Purchased, downloaded, and patching now. Soooo ready for a new game and hoping this scratches the itch.

Probably won't be on till the evening because I have weekend company but if any of you guys are playing and post your info I'll try to hook up with you when I do.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Tried the beta, it was so foreign to me im not sure i could get used to it. Never liked the console versions and not targeting in an online game seems weird, so does manually having to attack.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread