Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Depending on how serious you want to get with making plat while you level early on, there is a strategy you can try. Seek out a high level magician that's bored in EC tunnel, and politely ask if they'll make you 4-6 or so Ten Slot summoned glowing backpacks. Offer them a generous tip (like 6+ plat per bag) for their trouble - nearly all of them will turn this down, but offer them something.

No Rent items and their contents will go POOF after having been logged off for more than 30 minutes, but you can store them eternally on a corpse. So once you have the bags, loot every rusty or cloth or whatever you come across and at the end of your play session, ground twink the bags over to a level 1 alt and have the alt punch a guard out to make a corpse.

Then twink them back at the start of a new play session. This is usually a bit of a time sink and a hassle UNLESS you have a level 19+ druid on your account. At that point you have a really easy time shuttling the bags around as you level up across Norrath.

By and large, this server is really ultra stable so as long as you just keep loot items and not especially valuable items in the bag, you'll have them for a really long time with minimal risk.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on how serious you want to get with making plat while you level early on, there is a strategy you can try. Seek out a high level magician that's bored in EC tunnel, and politely ask if they'll make you 4-6 or so Ten Slot summoned glowing backpacks. Offer them a generous tip (like 6+ plat per bag) for their trouble - nearly all of them will turn this down, but offer them something.

No Rent items and their contents will go POOF after having been logged off for more than 30 minutes, but you can store them eternally on a corpse. So once you have the bags, loot every rusty or cloth or whatever you come across and at the end of your play session, ground twink the bags over to a level 1 alt and have the alt punch a guard out to make a corpse.

Then twink them back at the start of a new play session. This is usually a bit of a time sink and a hassle UNLESS you have a level 19+ druid on your account. At that point you have a really easy time shuttling the bags around as you level up across Norrath.

By and large, this server is really ultra stable so as long as you just keep loot items and not especially valuable items in the bag, you'll have them for a really long time with minimal risk.
Nice tips for the noobs Nega. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

I have a set of 6 glowing backpacks and 2 handmade backpacks (I suck) and they've helped tremendously for accumulating cash as I level. The big thing about the Sister camp in Lfay is that they'll drop a ton of shit that you want to sell, but you don't want to run off to sell at the wood elf outpost out of fear of losing your camp.

The bags helped in that I could do an occasional /who check to see if the coast was clear, then make the run when it was and then Gate back to the camp. From levels 16-19 my druid camped it for a straight 8 hours and got 1.2k pp from it. Levels 18 to 19 felt a bit like bottom feeding but the loot compelled me.

With luck, the same bags will help out when I'm camping guards for FS later down the road.

Edit - oh crap, he wants more plat option camps. Um, okay. There's a 3 spawn bandit camp in the same zone that has very similar drops to the sisters, and you can camp them to 18. problem: random pixies / faerie maidens will path by so if you're evil, they'll attack you. That's not a big problem at level 14+, you can kill them. But they're placeholders for thistle underbrush who WILL rarely spawn and zip through that camp. If you're in range, he'll murder you.

The bandits in the Karanas were recently updated to have the same bronze weapon drops as the sisters (same with the Ro desert Derv bandits), but you get occasional casters that spawn in those camps. If you're capable of breaking them down to single spawns and are a pet caster, that won't be a huge problem.

Lastly, if you're in a guild with higher level members - hunt the crap in Steamfont (especially Mino Slavers at Meldrath's tunnel lair). A high level guildmate can camp out their toon while they work on something else while you kill Mino spawns, usually 3-4 at a time which respawn every 6 min. A Minotaur Hero will spawn rarely by doing this (one per 30-40 min, depending). Tell the guildmate, whack the hero, and a few times in you both can walk out with bracers.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 05-26-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Old 05-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Banned

i just made over 400 plat selling cb belts lvling up, 20 now but yeah it was decent money
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Large Rat

Thank you for the tips everyone they were a great help! I did manage to get a few hours of time with the sisters/the north bandit camp w/o much trouble. I learned pretty quick to invis while traveling through Lfay as I ended up getting killed by a brownie scout. I had stopped to look at a unicorn because holy crap a unicorn! Then this brownie scout comes along with a giant (tiny?) bag of dicks to rain on the pony parade. I'll probably be hopping a boat to freeport once I ding 19 to scope out a new camp and pick up some new gear.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll make the majority of your plat 50+, yes, but that doesn't mean you should just mindlessly blow through all those levels and race to 50+ for the loot grind. You'll probably burn yourself out. Also, you'll want better than banded before you hit 50.

Solo:
-----
Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe 19-24, drop bronze weapons. Vendors in zone. Bind in Arena.

Gargoyles in OOT 20-25, drop eyes, sometimes by the pair. They stack and vendor for 180pp a stack. Vendors in zone.

Hermit in SK 20-25, drops fine steel. Vendors in zone.

Mammoths in Everfrost 25-32. Drop tusks, vendor for 10pp each. They're giant, but there is a vendor in zone.

Gnolls in SK 30-35, Drop Fine Steel. Vendors in zone.

Hill Giants/Sand Giants 40-45, drop straight plat, fine steel and gems.

Dwarf/Ogre Guards 45-50, drop fine steel.

Grouping:
---------
Runnyeye 20-30, drop bronze, fine steel, black iron, vendor and bank in zone for the sneaky.

Sol A 25-35, Various ores that vendor from 5-80 plat, fine steel, some decent gear.

Droga 35-45? (been a while, don't remember the levels for exp there), fine steel, some good drops if you're lucky enough to get the camps, goblin forged armor which vendors for good plat, though it's heavy.

35-45 Lower Guk, Gear, fine steel, etc.

40-50 Sol B, Gear, fine steel, etc.

Spend some time looking at the wiki, there's a few things that sells for several thousand plat that drops off low level mobs. Even just camping one and selling it will give you enough plat to sufficiently gear yourself enough to make the grind to 50+ significantly easier. Fishbone Earring, Glowing Black Stone, Goblin Ghazugi Ring, Hidden Bracer are tough to camp, but not out of reach for a mid level character.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Kobold

Hermit in SK is nice XP and he drops FS weapons. Level 20 druid.
Crazy fast spawn too.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a set of 6 glowing backpacks and 2 handmade backpacks (I suck) and they've helped tremendously for accumulating cash as I level. The big thing about the Sister camp in Lfay is that they'll drop a ton of shit that you want to sell, but you don't want to run off to sell at the wood elf outpost out of fear of losing your camp.

The bags helped in that I could do an occasional /who check to see if the coast was clear, then make the run when it was and then Gate back to the camp. From levels 16-19 my druid camped it for a straight 8 hours and got 1.2k pp from it. Levels 18 to 19 felt a bit like bottom feeding but the loot compelled me.

With luck, the same bags will help out when I'm camping guards for FS later down the road.

Edit - oh crap, he wants more plat option camps. Um, okay. There's a 3 spawn bandit camp in the same zone that has very similar drops to the sisters, and you can camp them to 18. problem: random pixies / faerie maidens will path by so if you're evil, they'll attack you. That's not a big problem at level 14+, you can kill them. But they're placeholders for thistle underbrush who WILL rarely spawn and zip through that camp. If you're in range, he'll murder you.

The bandits in the Karanas were recently updated to have the same bronze weapon drops as the sisters (same with the Ro desert Derv bandits), but you get occasional casters that spawn in those camps. If you're capable of breaking them down to single spawns and are a pet caster, that won't be a huge problem.

Lastly, if you're in a guild with higher level members - hunt the crap in Steamfont (especially Mino Slavers at Meldrath's tunnel lair). A high level guildmate can camp out their toon while they work on something else while you kill Mino spawns, usually 3-4 at a time which respawn every 6 min. A Minotaur Hero will spawn rarely by doing this (one per 30-40 min, depending). Tell the guildmate, whack the hero, and a few times in you both can walk out with bracers.
Never done sisters but they sound good. Paineel guards are pretty good, 15 to 20 at the entrance. Made 1k the other day going 20-21 they're still darkblue. Need to be evil race, enchanter or necro to be really worthwhile though.
Closed Thread