Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Had a few members get week bans for FTE'ing Lucan. GMs have made their stance on Lucan pretty clear.

Also today Moregan intervened AG FTE'ing Lucan from a Paladin who was camping him for his epic. Guessing what this post is about.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 06-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Aviak

Yes that's what this post is about, and I am that Paladin.

I was camping Lucan for several hours because a nice member of Indig gave me his previous ToD from 2-3 kills ago. So I had a vague mindframe,

He popped maybe 30 minutes after I thought he would, and I had already prematurely contacted a GM in fear of Lucan being sniped. I had a 60 Monk with me, and a 60 Warlock and 60 Shaman close by who offered to help.

Literally within a second of Lucan spawning, he was sniped. I asked politely in tells for him to show a little bit of respect because I was a paladin working on epic, and he was a 60 war trying to get another clicky. I asked him 4-5 times in tells, he ignored. I asked his clr healer buddy, he told me he couldn't help me. So, the GM who sat with me intervened. Told the war that Lucan is indeed a camp. The war argued with the GM, and another GM came. ETC ETC. In the end, I got the testament.

My point is - I didn't even have a CHANCE to pull, nor did my monk friend. The war just popped out of invis and was gone with Lucan.

Thanks to Indig for helping a lowbie Paladin out. Thanks to the GMs for standing up on the matter. I've spent weeks and weeks trying to get this thing.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you're misunderstanding things. If the person camping them does not tag them pretty much as soon as they spawn, then it becomes FTE. You cannot let them stay up uncontested. That's not how *any* camp works, much less Lucan.

If this happens, I would recommend petitioning with proof of it happening.
Actually, what you are saying is that if it isn't snap pulled then you "lose".

If player A, who has been sitting there for 4 hours because he doesn't know when Lucan was last killed were go grab a drink of water from his kitchen and Lucan spawns and 10 seconds later Player A hasn't engaged, is that too long of a "snooze"?

I think if somebody's "camping" him he/she or they should have a reasonable amount of time to engage.

Is 10 seconds reasonable? No.

A few minutes (3-5) is reasonable.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aye, I think i remember reading time to engage for Camps is 5 mins, not sure if I can find the post though.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Banned

Location: They keep me in the p99 broom closet with the delicious paste and scented magic markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't be a D-bag
This. ^

EverQuest is a MMORPG. When you log into EverQuest, and you see all those other people running around with blue and purple (and sometimes red) names over their heads, please realize that those are real people who are here to play and enjoy the game, just like you.

If you show up to camp something, and there is another player already there, try talking to them like the real person that they are! Communicating your intentions (as well as learning what their intentions are) can go a long way to avoid a conflict.

Silently standing in a corner with invis on waiting for the exact moment a mob pops to steal it is not only against the rules, it is a surefire recipe for conflict. Please try to be communicative with other players about camps like this. Talking it out can spare a lot of unnecessary trouble.

We are doing our best to make Project 1999 a fun and hospitable place to enjoy classic EQ. Every time you are able to work something out directly with another player, it helps the staff tremendously.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Thanks
-Moregan
Old 06-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Could we get some consistency with verina tomb and such then?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Actually, what you are saying is that if it isn't snap pulled then you "lose".
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. You're intentionally misinterpreting it for some reason, whether you disagree with the rules or you're playing devil's advocate, or whatever. I don't care. Quit being glib.

Quote:
If player A, who has been sitting there for 4 hours because he doesn't know when Lucan was last killed were go grab a drink of water from his kitchen and Lucan spawns and 10 seconds later Player A hasn't engaged, is that too long of a "snooze"?
You're not allowed to AFK camp, so yes. You have to be at keyboard when it spawns. It would suck if what you describe in your scenario happens, but that's unfortunate luck. Now you know the time of death, though, and you can better plan for the next kill.

Quote:
I think if somebody's "camping" him he/she or they should have a reasonable amount of time to engage.

Is 10 seconds reasonable? No.

That's definitely too long. You would be inconveniencing a lot of people.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Point of the thread is to establish consistency. There are several camps in the game that are 'static' but are considered FTE or at least that is the consensus of the community. Then things suddenly change... It's ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajahten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally within a second of Lucan spawning, he was sniped. I asked politely in tells for him to show a little bit of respect because I was a paladin working on epic, and he was a 60 war trying to get another clicky. I asked him 4-5 times in tells, he ignored. I asked his clr healer buddy, he told me he couldn't help me.
Also, name and shame. What guild were they in?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Although I dislike what they did, I don't want to stoop to their level and name them. I am happy with the results and I am not going to fuel anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread