Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we purge unused Lvl 1 character names?
Yes please. 122 58.10%
No need to. 54 25.71%
WTC 7 didn't just blow itself up guys! hello! 34 16.19%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

You can definitely purge characters up to a certain level that haven't been logged in for a few years etc or just force a name change when they return.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You playing again? Back for dat velious
Yes sir. You back too?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Come to think of it didn't SOE at one point give people a month warning that they were going to do a level 1 purge or something to reduce names ect?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Wipe it clean
Old 07-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Stage 1 of wipe it clean 2016?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe instead of deleting the character they could just force a name change, if they care to.

Just because of this post I'm going to delete a few of my name holders, I probably have like 6. So long, Grroot! (Couldn't get the original, lol)
Old 07-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would end up with many mules getting deleted. I support the idea, but it's ultimately a bad one because way too much collateral damage to let you name your ranger Legolas.
What's wrong with Leigolass? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inc someone who doesn't know what sarcasm is...
Stop it with the Inc thing. It's page 2 already and none of our predictions have come true.

People like to think like their suggestions can affect any change whatsoever on P99 under the basis of the assumption that 1) the devs read them and 2) care. Although this hasn't been the case historically, I suppose there's an allure to the idea that your opinion could influence anything and people keep trying.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishanarchy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's wrong with Leigolass? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely nothing. My suggestion would be to take out the character restrictions in names. Lineage II's xXx420LegOlas69Xxx names had certain charm to them and would open up literal tens of combinations that haven't been used on P99.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would end up with many mules getting deleted. I support the idea, but it's ultimately a bad one because way too much collateral damage to let you name your ranger Legolas.

but dammit, i know the person who has fingolfin taken must not be using it and i want all the good tolkien names =( its always how i theme my characters.
Closed Thread