Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroglyphix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Myself and many others got spammed by this guy over the weekend too, while watching twitch streams.

The troll appears to have even gone to the length of trying to match twitch handles to forum accounts to discern in-game character names.

He's not associated with redwjamz, or any of the other streamers, despite what the troll may claim. He's just trying to cause trouble.

Incidentally, shortly after this guy began spamming us in-game, the top 3 streams of the night (red, Foxy, and Mycah) all got mysteriously trained in their respective zones (Kedge, Sebilis, CoM) at the same time. Coincidence?

I've been following p99 on twitch for quite a while now, and all of the streamers there are pretty stand-up folks who have better things to do than troll their viewers. As for name-calling and "hate speech" towards chat, take it with a grain of salt and bear in mind that most of chat are regular viewers/friends of the streamers, and it's all tongue-in-cheek and in good fun, with exception being random idiots like our troll here who definitely deserves it.
You think random people deserve being called f******? This guy is a plague to the project1999 community. Constantly camps epic MQ mobs and sells them. Never spends a dime on any of his characters...where does all that pp go?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Banned

They're actually pretty good
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Banned

LOL TROLLED!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think random people deserve being called f******? This guy is a plague to the project1999 community. Constantly camps epic MQ mobs and sells them. Never spends a dime on any of his characters...where does all that pp go?
I don't know him super well, but it seems like you do.

What I do know is that I've seen the guy go out of his way to help players for no personal gain, and he organized teams to help random people level over the weekend.

Sounds pretty toxic to me.

As for selling epic MQs, you'd have to ban half the server if you think that behavior is a plague to the community.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

I'm tired of the spam. The Twitch streaming administration's stance on private server streams has changed drastically thanks to Blizzard leaning on them hard because of the Nostalrius WoW server popularity. Either the person spamming people about the streams is clueless and is about to get shit shut down, or it's someone doing it intentionally for that to happen.

Daybreak owns EQ. That's all it takes.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

I just wish my classy responses were broadcasted on said twitches... Then I'd be ok with it.

Classy responses would be a A+ too on their part, but sadly, they let me down... time and time again...

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

I rolled my eyes at being told Douding was calling me a ninja-looter, because I'm pretty sure he has absolutely no reason to complain about me.

There used to be a spammer that would link to Sirken's Monday stream and say he was giving away manastones if you went into the channel and said some ridiculous key word. I'm still baffled as to the point of it all.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled my eyes at being told Douding was calling me a ninja-looter, because I'm pretty sure he has absolutely no reason to complain about me.

There used to be a spammer that would link to Sirken's Monday stream and say he was giving away manastones if you went into the channel and said some ridiculous key word. I'm still baffled as to the point of it all.
haha, I know who that was.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-06-2015, 03:44 AM
Orc

That guy is now checking twitch names to p99 website names and sending ur chars tells if listed on p99 site. With trolls and saying u ninjed looted or ksed etc. Shits getting old.
Darksongs <52> Bard
Old 10-06-2015, 04:17 AM
Aviak

So I imagine this guy is using a dummy account for the barcode characters he spams with, but it shouldn't be too hard for GM to identify the IP of that account, and figure out what other accounts are on that IP?

There's a significant number of players being harassed on twitch now. That's a direct violation of twitch.tv policy, not to mention the defamation of the streamers whose names are being dragged through the mud with these attacks.