Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure if the last patch did anything to this particular quest but the Tesch Mas Gnoll Scrolls quest in Qeynos gives about 10% (1/2 a Yellow) per single turn in between the levels of 24-39 , excluding 30/35 hell levels. So killing gnolls in SK or Splitpaw can net you a big XP return. They are lore so you can only carry 4 at a time but thats still 2 yellows for the trip to Qeynos. It gets boring doing them after awhile but I was buying scrolls even to supplement some XP (Especially when trying to get precious spell levels) for 30-40p a scroll. Just wanted to add it to your list in the 20s and 30s in case you have a hard time grouping.

Oggok guards are where it is at for 40-50 but is heavily contested by quadding druids/bards and now even chanters and mages. I would add Grobb to your list 45-50, they are higher than Oggok (just avoid the really high lvl ones) but still viable.

cheers
Old 12-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

A similar guide - https://wiki.project1999.com/Zem
Old 12-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I think its funny how some zones are good for some players and some are bad even with ZEM

Crushbone / Befallen / Unrest / Mistmoore are failure zones for me. They are where I go to not level at all, because they are poor experience. Why? I dunno. I know them well enough it just doesn't happen for me, ever.

Blackburrow, Upper Guk, and Highkeep are amazing experiences for me every character, every time. Kurns is good too in Kunark era.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Sol a bartender room is pretty nuts xp in mid-upper 20s
Old 12-19-2019, 07:52 PM
Skeleton

1-6 nektulos
6-7 Problaby killed a few in EC, maybe back to nektulos for a few kills as well
7-9 Nro but shit hit the fan so back to WC
9-11 WC snakes and stuff
11ish back to Nro, redemption time!
Vaguely remebering visiting befallen here, but sensed drama..
Probably got a few kill in oasis as well.
Some mobs lost their lives in Kithicor along the way.
I remember killing something in lavastorm along the way as well.
14-18 South karana, a few visits to lake rathe when bored of small chickens and elefants. On the way there some things died in Sro and Rathe Mtns.
19 is a fog, maybe split between 3-4 zones in the neighbourhood. Def dodging huge flying mammals in N Karana for a while.
20 Lake rathe and S Karana, then a bit in east Karana then a bit in runnyeye
Then, East karana again.

Hey, I am only 21 but i have seen the world! pointlessy running around like a pinball is the shit!
Old 12-20-2019, 03:30 AM
Orc

I love unrest it's a lot of fun. Hag tower was insane xp, the fastest i've ever gained 5 levels. If you want to take a break from unrest head to najena at level 25 and get your jboots.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean. Yeah those are generally THE leveling places. But 99% is quite an exaggeration. Maybe more like 50%. Blackburrow, HHK, MM, a few outdoor spots like the commonlands and oasis and SK, these are all as popular as CB, unrest, and guk, ime. And it's not like NK, EK, sola, derv camps in nro/sro, bandit camps in WK, and a few other spots aren't regularly populated with people leveling solo or grouped.
I don't see how anyone can level in "non-ZEM" zones. Like for me its out of the question. Is the EXP really that good in those places?
Old 12-20-2019, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

I made a class that can solo and if need be afk or gate out. I have to be available when wife needs me. so not a lot of grouping for me. most of my grind are in area not "premier zem zone"

1-7 Qeynos , Qeynos hills
7, 8 Corrupt Qeynos guards Supplemented with whisker quest
9-11 More corrupt Qeynos guards Supplemente with whisker quest
11-12 solo duo Bandits west karana
12 to 16 solo bandits west karana
16 to 20 Upper guk gators
20-22 Various spots grouping, duo's, soloing mostly high hold pass , East karana
22-30 South karana Centaurs, Aviaks

If your player like myself and just have to afk a lot for various family /house duties i cannot tell how nice south karana is for this. centaur village area and aviak city are great spots to grind and then park yourself during meds /afk to and be safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 12-20-2019 at 04:01 AM..
Old 12-20-2019, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how anyone can level in "non-ZEM" zones. Like for me its out of the question. Is the EXP really that good in those places?
There's more to the game than exp per hour.

Personally, I value convenience and "play at my pace" vastly more than raw exp rate.

I'd rather get half the exp rate at a tucked-away little camp on the far side of the world where the instant I log in, the camp is mine, where I can safely AFK when I need/want to without someone else showing up, where I can avoid any drama, etc. So I exp in spots like kerra isle, west karana, lake rathe, or guard camps that aren't oggok, places like that.

And there's something to be said for playing in a quiet spot during peak hours when it comes to exp per hour, too. The best ZEM dungeon in the game doesn't mean too much if you spend an hour on a list or /lfg or forming a group before you spend 90 minutes killing stuff, for example.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

How dare you, Tecmos. How dare you.

But really though, I kind of like ZEM modifiers since they tend to draw a lot of folks away from my island timeshares, remote wilds and giant birbs.
Closed Thread