Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Stuff like whirl till you hurl, blind, 8 second long stuns, enchanters debuffing you for a 100+ strength so you can't even move and if you have 0 channeling skill (a melee), you can't pumice it as the pet attacks you, all kinds of ridiculous stuff that shouldn't be in the game that turns the server into caster's paradise.
No worries bro... just root.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

resists were actually very well done on vztz imo. the only thing we needed was a little less full resists on nukes, and some low-damage partials in their place.

i dont know how you can say it was a caster's paradise... melee raped casters as long as they had some resists. and resists were not hard to come by
Last edited by Pudge; 04-29-2011 at 12:14 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only problem I have with Null is that he wants to allow every spell in the game to work in PvP even with 200MR. Stuff like whirl till you hurl, blind, 8 second long stuns, enchanters debuffing you for a 100+ strength so you can't even move and if you have 0 channeling skill (a melee), you can't pumice it as the pet attacks you, all kinds of ridiculous stuff that shouldn't be in the game that turns the server into caster's paradise.
I never saw a problem with any of those spells. Maybe you should get good.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never saw a problem with any of those spells. Maybe you should get good.
ooo whermacht just got told by DOORS

lol

(ps i dont hate you whermacht. but, doors just told you to get real)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

They are going to be as classic as they can.

This means no root, snare, stuns if you have over 100mr.

Which is the way it should be when you're talkin about snares that last 4 minutes or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Which is the way it should be when you're talkin about snares that last 4 minutes or so.
CANCEL. MAGIC?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The titanium client has a "feature" which limits movement impairing effects to 5 ticks in PvP. So without mods to the Everquest client you wont be getting 4 minute Snares no matter what resist system ends up on the server.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Fire Giant

So since it's a client side thing, it can't be changed to classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

afaik yes.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
It's not going to be anywhere near classic PvP if Null is doing it, it's about as far away from it as you can get. The only adjustment needed that differs from EQ live is to make direct damage spells land a little easier. Why change anything else???

90% of my time spent while playing ranger was spamming the root button in between swings of a 2h against any caster I could find while they spam root back at me trying to get away.

When you and the person you're fighting both cast root 50 times in one fight, it doesn't feel like you're playing EQ PvP. It feels like you're participating in the pre-alpha version of some poorly thought out shovelware game.

I'm fast at rooting and dispelling so it doesn't really affect me in a 1vs1. I get more kills under this system since immobile casters are pretty easy to kill. It just makes the game feel like an annoying chore instead of fun to play when you're doing nothing but spamming root on someone else or casting dispel on yourself to get rid of it all day long.

Original EQ PvP felt more like Quake 3 rocket arena where everyone is constantly moving and attacking instead of this retard fest where people do nothing but spam CC spells. I'm talking pre-kunark TZVZ btw.
Closed Thread