Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Kobold

as said by Karsten..

aaahhhhahahahahahhaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahah aahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha FUCK YOU GUYS! *aziz ansari voice*
Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you srsly think there is no hacking in P99?
No, I assume there is hacking / cheating / favoritism on all these servers. But there's a big difference between them using that to kill your character and them using that maybe get an item for themselves or whatever.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Our server and rogean being in charge of eqemu have excellent hack detection. They have also found a way to crash the MQ2 client which will also cause to go LD in the process. So if they are watching you because you set off warp detection and decide to see if they can crash mq2 on your client and you go LD = BAN. They can also detect the new warp thats out that goes in increments smaller than what warp detection see's. With this implemented there is a very low population that use hacks, unless they are using a standalone computer thats packet sniffing.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the forceful entry guys are starting their own server?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha hhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahahahah
Seconded.

Looks like they took Nilbog's advice to *go ahead and make your own* to heart.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Kobold

What is forceful entry? Was that a guild or something?

Looking at their server, I don't know if it's for me. I wanted more Rallos Zek style personally lol. If I want to pvp, I want it like the original, otherwise I may as well stay here where the pop is much higher :P
Old 03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFiveAlive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played Project 1999 last weekend for the first time and I needed several changes of pants. Insanely awesome job@. Although it is super fun, I miss playing on a pvp server (played Rallos Zek from day 1 of EQ release for 3.5 years).

Has there been any talk of maybe making a PVP Server that had the same rules as Rallos Zek? (4 level attack limit, 1 item loot, can't loot weapon/hand slotted items).

Anyhow, keep up the great work.
A classic PVP server was already attempted before this project by other folks and it wasn't as popular by a long stretch. EQ just isn't really designed for PvP. IN the past when EQ was in it's most popular state, there still was a low number enough to fill a couple of PvP servers. Right now the people enjoying classic is much lower.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
www.ClubZek.com

Check it out. It's in BETA, so your suggestions MATTER!
Sounds interesting, atleast while we wait for more content. I take dibs on group's Enchanter!

According to their info it sounds like a Project99 with PvP.....and 2boxing lol, but who knows..apparently they have an "Anti-MQ" system going, so we'll just have to see won't we?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 03-24-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Project Manager

Moved to off topic.
Closed Thread