Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

So you are saying Null's intended resist system seems to be working? Good, lets launch.

Stop crying for 1999 "100 MR makes me immune to all CC". Its not in the vision for this server, get over it. Casters will be just as effected by this as meele.

"oh but my warrior!"

Warriors are not supposed to PvE alone, why should they PvP alone?

Good system Null, will promote more group vs group pvp and cut down on the "im a druid with 150 MR and unkillable" griefer syndrome.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Can we have a poll to restrict forum posting for the above user? Fairly confident most agree.
And by above I mean that troll mad guy.

Can only tolerate gm / dev bashing for so long.

Make it happen, thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Any info on pvp range Rogean? You've been looking at other options and I was wondering if anything else will be get to be tested in beta.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melveny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we have a poll to restrict forum posting for the above user? Fairly confident most agree.

Make it happen, thanks.
yoooooooooo
Old 10-21-2011, 11:30 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeYouMad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a naked druid with 25MR, cast snare on myself 10 times and landed 6 of them.
I just logged in and followed your directions and I resisted 1 out of 9 snares. In the future it is probably a good idea to use more than 10 casts because of the nature of random number generators.

Anyhow I pulled the actual resist rate and it lands at about 30% at 25MR. This is because there is a blanket MR resist added to anyone getting hit with most CC spells (snare happens to be one of them). If this is too high the solution is probably to scale that blanket with your own magic resist, that way by the time you have lets say, 100MR its kicking in fully and stops scaling.

But anyhow thanks for the testing and your feedback is appreciated!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

100 MR is not that high, it should not make you immune to crowd control spells. It's reasonable to hit 150 MR on a plate class without having Tranix Crown or Jacinth/Diamond jewelry.

Level range of caster vs. target is not being addressed in your rant against these resists either. I remember back in 2000 or so it was accepted that every level between caster/target was a +/- 10 SV all. Meaning 44 casting on a 50, the 50 had an arguable innate +60 sv all in resist checks against that target. This means that even-level testing you're doing w/ CC spells against 25 MR i would hope that shit would land atleast 60%. That argument means that a level 42 w/ 105 SV magic would be getting snared 60% of the time against a lvl 50.

I haven't accomplished 150+ MR on beta but i would like to get a chance to test this MR vs. CC spells of differing level casters. So far the resist system seems great. It's important to keep bard resist songs and the top-tier gear viable, separating the field.

Representation of 100 MR:

Dwarf/Erudite Paladin w/ Shiny Brass Shield and Skull Shaped Barbute + GMR = 100 MR.

Same with just Wolf's Eye jewelry: 123 MR

Same with Splitpaw Mask, Bloodstained Mantle, Runed Bone Fork: 148 MR

That's before any items that are even remotely hard to acquire.
Last edited by Mingo; 10-21-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Banned

Having high resists should not make you immune to spells, nor should it NOT have a purpose. In diablo, if you had 0 resists, you took full dmg. If you had 75% resists, you took 25% damage.

The problem here is if you have, say 100MR, what does it mean? 100 MR of 1000 would not do much, but 100 MR of say 150 is pretty decent. Is there a cap on resists? Was it like 255 or something? Also, I do not remember the level of the spell having any effect on whether it lands or not.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yoooooooooo
Kaw Kaw!

How's it goin bud

All hail the spiroc lord!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleaned up some old irrelevant threads since it was full of bitching and moaning from a patch we told people was not working correctly several times.

Server was patched last night to fix resists. *now* you may comment on the resists if you have had adequate time to test them since last night's patch.
Emp, you are the man. Next big patch needs to be restricting certain people's posting access to rants and flames, then you're like 99% done.

In regards to magic resist, enchanters will make a killing early. If you have gold 7mr bracers, 9mr neck and runed bone fork you're super straight.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melveny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make it happen, thanks.
He's been forum banned multiple times, best we can do is ignore him.

lol wut
Closed Thread