Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

imo, flag the server red a year after velious is released to spice it up
Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

There are a lot of different options.

Among them:
- Just leave the server be and start a new server from scratch.
- Create another server that will continue with Luclin (possibly even further down the road) and allow character transfers to this new server.

I guess this all will be discussed a lot after Velious comes out.... if the server even stays online that long (of course we all truely hope that, but nobody knows for sure).
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the server even stays online that long (of course we all truly hope that, but nobody knows for sure).
It will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

As far as post-Velious custom content, I offer to help design the Plane of Naked Wood Elf Chicks.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

There will be no wipe - sheesh, stop with the rumor-mongoring.

What hasbin said is the stated plan. Through Velious, then stop. No wipe, no kitty kats on the moon, no Gates of Disappoinment expansions. There probably will be GM events and so forth. They won't go down the rat hole that live did. That's why we're here.

If you get bored (I know I won't), then roll an alt or go to another server already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as post-Velious custom content, I offer to help design the Plane of Naked Wood Elf Chicks.
Hey man, I'm there!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

The idea that most of the community agreed on a while back when this was brought up for the upteenth time was that a new server would be started from the beginning. This way the people that want to start from scratch CAN and the people that don't want to don't have to.

Everybody's happy.
It's a pretty simple concept really.
Last edited by guineapig; 04-22-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

I thought the Project 2010 server was a cool idea, if it was EQ expansions done right, where instead of the dumbing down of the server to WoW standards it would continue in the vein of the Classic server ie no spires, no books, no nexus, no PoK (or repopulate it with mobs as a high end zone?), no Bazaar, and use the other zones beyond Velious as additional content but aligned with the core philosophy of the Classic server. Seems real exciting to me!

However, as I've said before, it would be cool if there was a Progression server that moved ahead and a Classic server that lagged behind so us slackers could experience some higher end content at a lower rate of change. I found the live Progression servers frustrating because by the time my casual guild was doing Vox and Naggy the server was already in Velious and beyond...

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
no spires, no books, no nexus, no PoK
How am I going to set my foot on Luclin then? Spaceships? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Kobold

I think a wipe would be cool. Or another server. I'm wishing I had found this server earlier. I wanted my easy rubicite and raincaller. :P
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Last edited by Zephys; 04-22-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a wipe would be cool. Or another server. I'm wishing I had found this server earlier. I wanted my easy rubicite and raincaller. :P
see below:
Quote:
The idea that most of the community agreed on a while back when this was brought up for the upteenth time was that a new server would be started from the beginning. This way the people that want to start from scratch CAN and the people that don't want to don't have to.

Everybody's happy.
It's a pretty simple concept really.
Closed Thread