Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found this on the Safehouse also, guess this is why Rogues were never doing this on Live:

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2855
Never doing what?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never doing what?
Pickpocketing from groups of KoS mobs.

I know it was done on Live but never with the level of ease as it is currently on P99.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahahahahahahahah, oh God, please put this in since some post on the Safehouse said so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why some people even post in the bug forums, do the trolling elsewhere.

All that was needed was a simple search to figure out what he was talking about.

Bard Song

He is talking about the Bard Invis Song, it overrides Hide:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...topic_id=66332

Someone casts a spell on you

Most likely referencing NPC's, not PC's.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

What trolling? Shit is gonna be hilarious is my point. Infact it sounds even better than I imagined, you don't even have to be grouped? And it affects manasong, too?

Quote:
Two issues: bards able to break rogues sneaking even if rogue not in same group and bards singing mana song break rouges sneaking even if rogue a moderate distance away
Quote:
Last time this happened I was S/H in Low Guk and was in the Hall Way heading to the Exe. I was going to join the exe group but was not yet in a group. I saw a an invis Bard's little glowing ball running at me and see the message "XXX tries to cast a spell of you but you are protected" followed by the "you stop hiding" message which then leads strait to " A Wan Ghoul Knight Attacks you" and end's with the "Welcome to West Freeport" message.
And "most likely", well ... Again, from your link:

Quote:
While bard songs are still inappropriately breaking Hide and Sneak (a problem which we intend to fix soon), I don't believe that player-cast spells still have that problem.
Sounds like PC spells were breaking hide at least at some point to me. Was it all spells or just invisibility type spells?

You people are toooooooooooooooooooouchy.
Last edited by Arrisard; 09-09-2012 at 04:37 AM..
Old 05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Kobold

What was really funny back in Live, is you can target an NPC inside of a house then go outside, climb on the roof then practice your pickpocketing all you wanted. Granted, this was a pathing bug but it still worked, at least when I played.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah that's how they recommended pp'ing the DE guild trainer for the epic on the safehouse, that way if you got agro you had time to make the zone.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know why you would grab a random thread from almost two years ago to add a funny anecdote but I'll expand on it:

The z-axis changes made it so Tani can attack while you are on the roof, you still kinda get a head start, but the way mobs are pathing through walls (not really in the position to watch as I run from a GM rogue with my back to him so I could be wrong) it wouldn't surprise me that Tani just runs right through the house. I always pick with jboots so speed isn't really a concern to get to the zone.

[Tue Apr 29 10:57:24 2014] Tani N`Mar says 'Stop Thief! <Jonwayne>'
[Tue Apr 29 10:57:24 2014] Your attempt at stealing was unsuccessful.
[Tue Apr 29 10:57:24 2014] Tani N`Mar tries to punch YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 29 10:57:24 2014] Tani N`Mar tries to punch YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 29 10:57:24 2014] Tani N`Mar tries to backstab YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 29 10:57:58 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Tue Apr 29 10:58:13 2014] You have entered Neriak Commons.

[Mon Mar 24 09:29:53 2014] Tani N`Mar says 'Stop Thief! <Jonwayne>'
[Mon Mar 24 09:29:53 2014] Your attempt at stealing was unsuccessful.
[Mon Mar 24 09:29:55 2014] You can't reach that, get closer.
[Mon Mar 24 09:30:27 2014] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Mon Mar 24 09:30:43 2014] You have entered Neriak Commons.

I know this change was made because of people exploiting but in this case it does change a very classic mechanic that may end a poor rogues life while doing the epic for himself.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why you would grab a random thread from almost two years ago to add a funny anecdote but I'll expand on it:
Oh wow. I am sorry, I did not realize the date on this thread. Someone posted it for a reference from a different thread and I did not know it was this old. Not normally a Necro Threader.
I used to this on top of a house in Qeynos to a merchant in the Clerics area.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this change was made because of people exploiting but in this case it does change a very classic mechanic that may end a poor rogues life while doing the epic for himself.
Good. Picking from the roof is a classic exploit and dying while critically failing pickpocket is classic.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-19-2014 at 07:56 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Since this thread is up - why aren't giants flagged as pickable? That was one of the joys of rogues, as Cecily mentioned.